All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Random Q for gym owners/coaches that crossed my mind - Hypothetically if there was a rule that gyms could only have one team per division would it be beneficial to small gyms?

Do you think there would be athletes moving from larger to smaller gyms to be on a team?

No. i think that would make all multi location gyms get a different tax ID # so different location 100% equals a different gym. can have all the teams they want.

Is there a minimum tumbling requirement for NCA or UCA instructors? I want to try out next year but I was just wondering if there was anything I needed to work on.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Not an answer but I second this question. Also do you have to be nominated? I know they nominate some seniors at camps but if you aren't nominated can you still try out?

Is there a minimum tumbling requirement for NCA or UCA instructors? I want to try out next year but I was just wondering if there was anything I needed to work on.

I know a girl who made UCA with no tumbling (and honestly pretty minimal stunting skills; as in, I think she flew in an extended lib). She was just really sharp and spirited. Sorry if that's no help!
^^^Oh, and I'm pretty sure you have to be invited to try out by your camp staff

Not an answer but I second this question. Also do you have to be nominated? I know they nominate some seniors at camps but if you aren't nominated can you still try out?

I made it without ever being nominated. My high school never actually went to any camps so I never had the chance to even be considered to be nominated. Plus I didn't decide to (finally) tryout until I was a sophomore in college.

I know a girl who made UCA with no tumbling (and honestly pretty minimal stunting skills; as in, I think she flew in an extended lib). She was just really sharp and spirited. Sorry if that's no help!
^^^Oh, and I'm pretty sure you have to be invited to try out by your camp staff

What did she do about the tumbling video you have to send in?

I can't answer for NCA but for UCA you do not have to be nominated and you do necessarily not need tumbling. Both a recommendation and tumbling will help you but not a requirement. Each territory will have specific needs for instructions based on what veterans came back (top girls, bases, males, ect) and if you are a strong candidate in those areas, they may overlook the tumbling. At least for the NW a standing backhandspring is strongly suggested.

Personality, game day presence, and motions are super key elements. I would strongly suggest trying out, Staff is an awesome experience!!

Personality is also a big thing with staffers!

You can be an awesome athlete, but can you project a friendly and approachable attitude that makes kids feel comfortable taking instruction from you, asking questions, etc?

See also: The willingness to teach! Not everyone has the personality and/or attitude to (for example) work on high vs over and over when a group is not getting it.

Personality is also a big thing with staffers!

You can be an awesome athlete, but can you project a friendly and approachable attitude that makes kids feel comfortable taking instruction from you, asking questions, etc?

See also: The willingness to teach! Not everyone has the personality and/or attitude to (for example) work on high vs over and over when a group is not getting it.
I've coached kids for awhile and LOVE teaching and helping kids learn things in cheer. I've always wanted to be a UCA or NCA staff member I'm just afraid my lack of tumbling will completely ruin it for me. Thanks to everyone that answered my questions though!

@cheernerd5678 @katelyndanyale I can't speak for UCA but for NCA, anybody can tryout. There is a packet that can be found online that you have to fill out, a video tryout, and you need three letters of rec. It helps of you know staff members (especially head instructors) to write you letters of rec. All this information can be found somewhere on the website. I wanna say it's nca.varsity.com. There isn't a minimum skill required but it is becoming harder to make staff, you are more likely to make staff the higher your tumbling/stunting ability is. And if you're a base, I assume you have a better chance because we have so many flyers that most end up learning how to base at some point.

Also, CLEAN UP YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA. I'm not saying you guys have inappropriate things on yours, but our staffing director has said many times that she has chosen not to hire people/fire people based on what they put on their social media sites.

@cheernerd5678 @katelyndanyale I can't speak for UCA but for NCA, anybody can tryout. There is a packet that can be found online that you have to fill out, a video tryout, and you need three letters of rec. It helps of you know staff members (especially head instructors) to write you letters of rec. All this information can be found somewhere on the website. I wanna say it's nca.varsity.com. There isn't a minimum skill required but it is becoming harder to make staff, you are more likely to make staff the higher your tumbling/stunting ability is. And if you're a base, I assume you have a better chance because we have so many flyers that most end up learning how to base at some point.

Also, CLEAN UP YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA. I'm not saying you guys have inappropriate things on yours, but our staffing director has said many times that she has chosen not to hire people/fire people based on what they put on their social media sites.

Thank you! I still have awhile but I am so nervous about trying out. I want to make it SO bad.

i think thats right. i just dont understand why everyones obsessing about her. she looks like an average teenage girl who has lots of makeup and hair extensions. like what has she done to get all that attention?
I hate to think SHE looks like the average teen girl, if my girls posted very provocative pics online like she does, they wouldn't have internet or a phone! She is actually a pretty girl when you wipe off the sludge , take off the layers of fake lashes and put some clothes on her! I wonder if her parents see her pics? Hate to preach, but we should encourage these girls to promote intelligence, hard work, passion... not posting sleazy pics online when you are under age. Just sayin:(

Back