All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone else (backspot) accidentally punch their flyer in the face when they cradle?
I wouldn't call it a punch but it's not uncommon for me to like bump her. I don't Make fists because i feel like I actually will punch her! I just keep my hands flat. But When we full up and I regrip I whack people all the time.... Not my group but if I sub in with another one it happens. I think it's the way my group does it it works but with other groups I hit people in the face... :oops:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Does anyone else (backspot) accidentally punch their flyer in the face when they cradle?

My backspot used to do this sometimes. When you catch try not to curl your arms to much. That is how my back would end up hitting me. Also, don't angle your arms inwards when you catch (keep them under the armpits, but don't angle your forearms), so your arms will miss her face if you do punch.

I used to do that until one of my fly ers told me to cross my arms and try to cover her breasts with my hands. Worked very well for me and since you cross your arms you catch your flyer a lot higher/safer.

I'm assuming Cali Ventura was known by another name before it became a California Allstars satellite gym. I'm curious- can anyone give me any background info about the opening of this location? (Super random, I know...)

Only if it's a really rough catch, someone falling, weird basket, etc. I either wrap my hands around them (sometimes my hands land in awkward places... Oh well) or I bend my wrists back awkwardly as if I was basing a really big foot.

Try getting your flyer to land with her arms in, straight at the side of her body and then you will 'catch' her shoulder blades. Visually it looks a lot neater and safety wise you won't be thumping her in the face every time she lands lol.

I'm assuming Cali Ventura was known by another name before it became a California Allstars satellite gym. I'm curious- can anyone give me any background info about the opening of this location? (Super random, I know...)

The Ventura location used to be in Camarillo until about a year ago, which is about 10 miles up the freeway. Now, what I can't tell you is the history of the Camarillo location. Whether Cali opened up a gym there "fresh" or took over another gym, I'm unclear.
I've not heard our location referred to as a satellite gym, though.

The Ventura location used to be in Camarillo until about a year ago, which is about 10 miles up the freeway. Now, what I can't tell you is the history of the Camarillo location. Whether Cali opened up a gym there "fresh" or took over another gym, I'm unclear.
I've not heard our location referred to as a satellite gym, though.
Ah, well I'm a huge fan nonetheless. I guess I'm more curious about the Camarillo gym then. Thank you :)

random question not even related to cheering but ... the point jumper and the girl standing in the middle of the circle in the beginning .... what color hair would you say that is ?? I have been wanting my hair to be that color but I dont know exactly what to tell them so that it comes out that color hahaa

random question not even related to cheering but ... the point jumper and the girl standing in the middle of the circle in the beginning .... what color hair would you say that is ?? I have been wanting my hair to be that color but I dont know exactly what to tell them so that it comes out that color hahaa

i called it burgundy/merlot... and bring a picture. they knew exactly what i was talking about, but the picture helped make sure we were on the same page lol

and p.s. i wasn't loving the SSX unis at first, but they really perform well. i'm into them.

i called it burgundy/merlot... and bring a picture. they knew exactly what i was talking about, but the picture helped make sure we were on the same page lol

and p.s. i wasn't loving the SSX unis at first, but they really perform well. i'm into them.
thank you ! I def will - and the SSX unis are really pretty once under lights and performance mats !

Try Loreal Hicolor in Magenta or Red, it's for dark hair and produces a color similar..definitely do your own research though if you want to dye it yourself. Make sure that dye produces the color you want.

Back