All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think if I were in that situation, and this was my first year I could go to Worlds (I think someone mentioned she was on a junior team last year?) and my training all year had been focused on getting to Worlds, I'd probably do whatever I needed to to still go to Worlds. If that's the goal for your entire season I completely get wanting to achieve it if possible, even if other factors get in the way.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
This is Worlds. Not the Olympics. There is alway another chance next year, and if she just became Worlds eligible this season she has quite a few chances ahead of her to meet her goal, especially considering how good she is. I do not know the circumstances behind her move, nor do I feel the need to, however I wonder what would happen if these gym owners did not make it so easy for this to happen. If they just put their foot down and said "no release at this point in the season". I do not like how high profile teams seem to be all for "cheer mercenaries" this season.

This is Worlds. Not the Olympics. There is alway another chance next year, and if she just became Worlds eligible this season she has quite a few chances ahead of her to meet her goal, especially considering how good she is. I do not know the circumstances behind her move, nor do I feel the need to, however I wonder what would happen if these gym owners did not make it so easy for this to happen. If they just put their foot down and said "no release at this point in the season". I do not like how high profile teams seem to be all for "cheer mercenaries" this season.

I don't really see the issue with her joining another team if the first gym is ok with it. Presumably, if they have signed a release, the gym understand the situation (whatever that may be) and are happy for the athletes to train elsewhere, so why shouldn't they finish out the season and compete at the most prestigious event in cheer (yes I know that's debatable, but currently it's the goal of the vast majority of top l5 and 6 teams).

I don't really see the issue with her joining another team if the first gym is ok with it. Presumably, if they have signed a release, the gym understand the situation (whatever that may be) and are happy for the athletes to train elsewhere, so why shouldn't they finish out the season and compete at the most prestigious event in cheer (yes I know that's debatable, but currently it's the goal of the vast majority of top l5 and 6 teams).

I can see both sides of the argument, and I will not pass judgement on anyone because they have their reasons for doing what they are doing that most of us will never be privy to. Like you said, if the first gym is fine with it then maybe it is not an even issue. I am more surprised that we have seen this not once but twice this season in a relatively short period of time before Worlds and hope this is not going to become an ongoing trend. It does make me wonder though how the alternates on the big/mega gym Worlds teams feel when after practicing with a team all season they find out someone is coming in from another gym and given a spot.

Re Tryouts for Worlds? Don't you have to be on the team when they got the bid or be listed as an alternate?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the options (substitutions or alternates) has to be on the 'roster' and the other just has to be on a team from that gym, any level. You only get a finite number of switches, however.

Bianca's Cali team mates are not upset and they knew she was off the team before anyone found out.

I can see both sides of the argument, and I will not pass judgement on anyone because they have their reasons for doing what they are doing that most of us will never be privy to. Like you said, if the first gym is fine with it then maybe it is not an even issue. I am more surprised that we have seen this not once but twice this season in a relatively short period of time before Worlds and hope this is not going to become an ongoing trend. It does make me wonder though how the alternates on the big/mega gym Worlds teams feel when after practicing with a team all season they find out someone is coming in from another gym and given a spot.
I know alternates take the risk that they may never compete and could honestly just be training the whole season to, in a way, be a bench-warmer but if I were a parent and that was my child that it was happening to, I think I would have second thoughts about allowing my child to continue in that program or be an alternate in that program again. If your child who has practiced with the team all year as an alternate can be so easily replaced by someone "famous" in the cheer world who wants a spot, why pay the money and waste the time being an alternate?

I have a question. I am sure I can look it up but I know someone can answer. Level 3: half, songe, half, connected. Back spot holds the arm of the flyer in the sponge. Flyer in the sponge does a back tuck into a cradle. Legal right?

I have a question. I am sure I can look it up but I know someone can answer. Level 3: half, songe, half, connected. Back spot holds the arm of the flyer in the sponge. Flyer in the sponge does a back tuck into a cradle. Legal right?
We do ours to smush but I'd assume it's legal to cradle. (1:40)

Everyone's talking about switching gyms 38 days before Worlds, but my first thought was finishing out the school year. In New England, we're in school til the end of June, but I know that's not the case elsewhere. So there's like 2 months left of the school year and you're going to switch schools.

I'm not a parent, so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like I would stay behind with my kids while my spouse moved for his job. Then after the school year finished (and Worlds) I would move with him.

I know alternates take the risk that they may never compete and could honestly just be training the whole season to, in a way, be a bench-warmer but if I were a parent and that was my child that it was happening to, I think I would have second thoughts about allowing my child to continue in that program or be an alternate in that program again. If your child who has practiced with the team all year as an alternate can be so easily replaced by someone "famous" in the cheer world who wants a spot, why pay the money and waste the time being an alternate?

This is my only issue as well.

However, I presume that you have to KNOW your kid may never compete (with or without Chelsea Cheerlebrity coming in.)

I think it's on the kids and parents to decide (like you said.)

Do you want to stick with Big Name for the name, the winning worlds teams, etc. or go elsewhere with less of that, but a guaranteed chance to compete?

I have alternates for my school cheer team so I definitely see the issue (although school cheer is a different animal in that I cannot bring in girls randomly after tryouts.)

But it'd be like me pulling up a JV flyer over 4 alternates.

MUSIC QUESTION AGAIN

Sorry for another music related question, but does anyone know or can link me to a mix or routine that used Britney Spears - Shattered Glass in their routine, it sounded so good I'd love to hear it/have it :D

MUSIC QUESTION AGAIN

Sorry for another music related question, but does anyone know or can link me to a mix or routine that used Britney Spears - Shattered Glass in their routine, it sounded so good I'd love to hear it/have it :D

ICC Unlimited Coed in 2009, around :50 seconds for stunts

Back