All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Saw a post on tumblr that overstretches are a 10 pt deduction at worlds for a "safety violation" for Worlds. Is this legit?

That's what I figured but wanted to ask because if that was real that would be just a bit ridiculous.
I'm actually so fed up with cheer tumblrs everyone is so overdramatic :rolleyes: People post something false and then it gets hundreds of notes because nobody fact checks. COME ON PEOPLE.
I don't believe it because I can't find it on any of the sheets I've seen. But even if it was, is it that big of a deal? no...

I'm actually so fed up with cheer tumblrs everyone is so overdramatic :rolleyes: People post something false and then it gets hundreds of notes because nobody fact checks. COME ON PEOPLE.
I don't believe it because I can't find it on any of the sheets I've seen. But even if it was, is it that big of a deal? no...
Right! I only follow a few cheer accounts because they all seem to just reblog the same stuff but I swear there is almost always fighting in the notes...

Right! I only follow a few cheer accounts because they all seem to just reblog the same stuff but I swear there is almost always fighting in the notes...
And 99% of the time they're all misinformed. Then there will be someone who is actually right and knows what they're talking about and then everyone's like "you're killing the fun" lol what?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

And 99% of the time they're all misinformed. Then there will be someone who is actually right and knows what they're talking about and then everyone's like "you're killing the fun" lol what?

that is tumblr in one post.. you have to really be "is this real" everytime you read a post on there. not only cheer but every post.. i am a big fan of like lots of tv shoes and i am on there almost every day. but you need to learn to double check what you see. i rarely post things on there though. i just reblog things i find accurate.

When is this documentary about sr. elite by Tekeste coming out? I really like their short videos. 795 is still my favorite motivation cheer video.

How are tryouts organized? This will be my first full year of allstar cheer (half year last) so I never actually tried out.
It's different at every gym! But it's nothing to worry too much about. We generally have a bunch of time to warm up, then we show our best running pass, best standing pass, jumps, and do a short dance. I've been spotted at tryouts when I was super close to a skill but both the gyms I've tried out at were small so they may not do that at bigger gyms. I've both stunted and not stunted at tryouts, it depends on the gym I'm sure. 99% of gyms place everyone somewhere so don't freak out. You'll be placed on the team that is best for you and you'll be placed their to create the strongest team they can! If you want to know exact set up of tryouts you should contact the gym though because every gym is different!

Does anyone know if a universal score sheet is up for vote this year?
I believe one is being "tested" throughout next season at certain events (like the comp will score you on both, the EP's scoresheet is what placements are based on and the universal one will be for data) and then is supposed to be implemented the 2015-2016 season.

Thank you. One other question, what are the ways to become a certified safety judge?I have looked on usasf and it looks like you can only do it by attending some of their conferences but the closets one to me is like, a plane ride away :(

It's different at every gym! But it's nothing to worry too much about. We generally have a bunch of time to warm up, then we show our best running pass, best standing pass, jumps, and do a short dance. I've been spotted at tryouts when I was super close to a skill but both the gyms I've tried out at were small so they may not do that at bigger gyms. I've both stunted and not stunted at tryouts, it depends on the gym I'm sure. 99% of gyms place everyone somewhere so don't freak out. You'll be placed on the team that is best for you and you'll be placed their to create the strongest team they can! If you want to know exact set up of tryouts you should contact the gym though because every gym is different!

Thank you so much, I'm so nervous haha :D

Back