All-Star Raw Scores

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

At all of the Varsity competitions I've been to they are have explicitly made it clear that they are no longer offering the "routine change" request form. The reason given was that it was supposed to be for the rare change if you were out of range for a certain aspect of the routine or changing something due to a legality issue. However they were seeing it being abused and too many people were filling them out with a completely different routine for day 2 and it was slowing things down. Or something along those lines.

We were able to file a form back in February for a couple of our teams, but I could definitely see the reasons for what you said in your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really see an issue with doing a different routine Day 1 and 2 though...why is that abuse?

I don't really see an issue with doing a different routine Day 1 and 2 though...why is that abuse?

I'm explaining it really poorly because I'm not able to remember the specific reasons they gave. It boiled down to the fact that people were using the form more frequently and for reasons other than it was intended. It wasn't the fact that it was a different routine but it was that they were able to highlight the portions they wanted the judges to pay attention to? Or maybe they were lying and saying they added stuff to drive the difficulty but in actuality they competed the same routine the day before? I can't remember honestly.

ETA: I just remember thinking that it was sneaky and "wished" I had the balls to do that kind of stuff or that people were even that sneaky to think of doing it.

Where? I'm pretty sure at Varsity competitions you have the same set of judges both days. I do like the idea of this though. It would be nice to have a second set of eyes score your routine.
We've attended Varsity two day events this year and the judging panel has always been changed for Day 2. We were told that it was done to decrease the potential impact on a team in the event of a possible judging bias. And recently at an event the Day 1 scoring seemed off. The second place team didn't receive any deductions yet it was clear they should have received deductions. Nonetheless our coach didn't protest or complain to the judges. However, the second place team coach did complain about their Raw score. His complaint resulted in the Day 2 judges re-evaluating their Day 1 routine. As a result of the re-evaluation the Raw score didn't change at all. But the judges did assess the team an additional two points in deductions that had been overlooked on Day 1. Incentive to not complain for sure.

We've attended Varsity two day events this year and the judging panel has always been changed for Day 2. We were told that it was done to decrease the potential impact on a team in the event of a possible judging bias. And recently at an event the Day 1 scoring seemed off. The second place team didn't receive any deductions yet it was clear they should have received deductions. Nonetheless our coach didn't protest or complain to the judges. However, the second place team coach did complain about their Raw score. His complaint resulted in the Day 2 judges re-evaluating their Day 1 routine. As a result of the re-evaluation the Raw score didn't change at all. But the judges did assess the team an additional two points in deductions that had been overlooked on Day 1. Incentive to not complain for sure.

I have NEVER been on a different panel day 2.

I have NEVER been on a different panel day 2.
NCA changed judging panels for Day 2. We've attended other events that do that as well. Is it possible that different regions tend to handle their competitions differently despite being the same EP?

i can tell you as a fact NCA Dallas did not change judging panels for day 2.
I don't know what levels at NCA your speaking about. Maybe all of them. I don't know. I'm not sure if NCA even makes a distinction. But I can tell you that at NCA we had a different judging panel day 1 than we had for day 2.

I don't know what levels at NCA your speaking about. Maybe all of them. I don't know. I'm not sure if NCA even makes a distinction. But I can tell you that at NCA we had a different judging panel day 1 than we had for day 2.
I don't doubt that. We have definitely had different judging panels at 2 day varsity events, despite what some people are saying. I KNOW they do it at least for some events. When there is clearly a different group of people behind the table day2 than day1 it is hard to miss.

I don't doubt that. We have definitely had different judging panels at 2 day varsity events, despite what some people are saying. I KNOW they do it at least for some events. When there is clearly a different group of people behind the table day2 than day1 it is hard to miss.

I mean there are usually more than 1 panel of judges behind the table anyway, so maybe thats where the confusion is ... i just know from experience, and from friends they usually strategically places judges in certain halls based on experiences, and the levels they are comfortable judging. I don't think are enough judges who are comfortable to be judging level 1 tumbling on day one, to judging level 5 building on day 2. I also think that may create some non cohesive comments.

I mean there are usually more than 1 panel of judges behind the table anyway, so maybe thats where the confusion is ... i just know from experience, and from friends they usually strategically places judges in certain halls based on experiences, and the levels they are comfortable judging. I don't think are enough judges who are comfortable to be judging level 1 tumbling on day one, to judging level 5 building on day 2. I also think that may create some non cohesive comments.
Nope. 2 completely different panels of judges behind the table day 1 vs day 2 and the scores reflect it. There is one comp we go to that does it every year. They have 2 panels of judges for each hall, and they rotate panels on day 2. The teams are definitely judged by different people because EVERYONE behind the table changes.

Nope. 2 completely different panels of judges behind the table day 1 vs day 2 and the scores reflect it. There is one comp we go to that does it every year. They have 2 panels of judges for each hall, and they rotate panels on day 2. The teams are definitely judged by different people because EVERYONE behind the table changes.

interesting! .. what competition is that if you dont mind me asking.

Back