All-Star Rebel Athletics Launches Rebel Alliance, Calls For Ieps To Band Together

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am happy there is a proposal. I'm not happy there is a for profit company leading it. Something I have not thought about until now and have heard very little about with the exception of a few - how do gym owners feel about Varsity? If they are happy with Varsity, then it is going to be hard to change anything.

I am happy there is a proposal. I'm not happy there is a for profit company leading it. Something I have not thought about until now and have heard very little about with the exception of a few - how do gym owners feel about Varsity? If they are happy with Varsity, then it is going to be hard to change anything.

Just pay attention to who all the coaches and owners are that go on rants. That will tell you a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly can't see a lot of gym owners taking a stand against Varsity if they receive reimbursement checks every season from Varsity for attending their events.

Don't bite the hand that feeds, ya know? Money talks no matter what side of the argument you're on.

We'll see though. The gym owners seem to be the ones who are stuck in the middle of this. They have interest in both sides, the parents and Varsity.

I think after this I might be afraid to show up at a Varsity event wearing a rebel uniform trying to get a worlds or summit bid.

In Europe they inspect heads for Bobby pins before you compete. In America? They check your uniform brand!

Okay and betting in the next few weeks there will be an alternative to World's by this Alliance. I am not fond of a monopoly but it would be great if all of this would get back to the reality of this being a sport that is predominantly done by children. But then the business of cheer seems to have forgotten that for a while --- all of them.

Just pay attention to who all the coaches and owners are that go on rants. That will tell you a lot.

Unfortunately my FBI skills are seriously lacking :D. I have only seen a few coaches/gym owners speak about Varsity pro or con. I saw a whole bunch of #choosevarsity from lots of gyms during that whole ridiculousness last season, but other than that I really am curious as to how gym owners and coaches feel about the industry.

Unfortunately my FBI skills are seriously lacking :D. I have only seen a few coaches/gym owners speak about Varsity pro or con. I saw a whole bunch of #choosevarsity from lots of gyms during that whole ridiculousness last season, but other than that I really am curious as to how gym owners and coaches feel about the industry.
I think the majority of us are more concerned with the USASF staying on the current path with more transparency and actual governance. I'm very happy with the direction the USASF is going. If they continue to make improvements in the educational and safety side of things then I'm on board.

Private companies and businesses will continue do what they need to do. The Jam Boys developed a great company (that I think will continue to be great) and were able to sell their company for a pretty penny. If it were me, I'd have done the same. I'm not sweating the "Varsity monopoly" at this point.

If you only we were allowed into the cool kids area; that is likely where we'd find the truth.

I like Varsity comps. Our schedule is 99% Varsity, with a few IEP's and a HS comp sprinkled in. Our uniforms are Varsity. I wouldn't say we are a Varsity gym as we are always willing to go outside the brand, but from the outside it probably looks that way. I was never a fan of Jammy events, but we've been to them in the past. The merge concerns me, but I'm hopeful that it actually leads to more competitions in areas that historically haven't had many. I think IEP's have an opportunity to gain some new customers if they play their cards right. However, this rebel alliance thing makes me laugh. First, the name is great, and I expect full on Star Wars shenanigans...and second, IEP's organized themselves together awhile ago.

Fight fire with fire. Nice.
I wouldn't call this fighting fire with fire. I think Rebel and a lot of people are looking for a solution.

I like Varsity comps. Our schedule is 99% Varsity, with a few IEP's and a HS comp sprinkled in. Our uniforms are Varsity. I wouldn't say we are a Varsity gym as we are always willing to go outside the brand, but from the outside it probably looks that way. I was never a fan of Jammy events, but we've been to them in the past. The merge concerns me, but I'm hopeful that it actually leads to more competitions in areas that historically haven't had many. I think IEP's have an opportunity to gain some new customers if they play their cards right. However, this rebel alliance thing makes me laugh. First, the name is great, and I expect full on Star Wars shenanigans...and second, IEP's organized themselves together awhile ago.
???

I agree. This whole situation seems so deja vu. Didn't this already happen a couple of years ago lol

Back