All-Star Rebel Athletics Launches Rebel Alliance, Calls For Ieps To Band Together

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SHHH!!! Rofl. :)
Aw shucks. I like Varsity. We are doing mostly Varsity comps and they gave us some great uniforms and practice wear this year and I attended the owners conference in Vegas. My school teams go to UCA camps and Game Day comps.

I'm just not married to any one brand at all. I give everyone a fair shot. To me, it's about great customer service, good quality and a fair price. Idc what brand it is that provides it. I'm ok with businesses doing business so I get it and I'm not crying foul about anything.

If anyone is pricing anyone out of cheer, it's the parents and coaches that think they have to have $400 GK uniforms, $150 Nfinity packages, $300 practice wear sets and travel to every major comp in the country. It's American gluttony at its finest. Put the fork down and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw shucks. I like Varsity. We are doing mostly Varsity comps and they gave us some great uniforms and practice wear this year and I attended the owners conference in Vegas. My school teams go to UCA camps and Game Day comps.

I'm just not married to any one brand at all. I give everyone a fair shot. To me, it's about great customer service, good quality and a fair price. Idc what brand it is that provides it. I'm ok with businesses doing business so I get it and I'm not crying foul about anything.

If anyone is pricing anyone out of cheer, it's the parents and coaches that think they have to have $400 GK uniforms, $150 Nfinity packages, $300 practice wear sets and travel to every major comp in the country. It's American gluttony at its finest. Put the fork down and walk away.

But if Varsity is a monopoly, then prices will go up and there will be nothing we can do about it.

Trust me, it is not the parents.

As an EP, I don't have any major issues with Varsity. Generally I like their competitions even if I think they are a bit expensive. As a business I get the whole acquisitions of other EP's. Businesses have a right to make money. That is not the issue.

It is the stuff behind the scenes that most parents aren't aware of, how they have operated in the past, the owning of gyms that many people aren't even aware of, the blacklisting or buying out of anyone who takes a stand, the blocking of independent EP's from even being able to get a venue on a date or putting a brand comp in the same town as a draw away from the IEP, and most of all the USASF ownership that was denied for years until they couldn't deny it any more. Things that tie in with those issues combined with the lack of transparency that drives most of the dislike for USASF/Varsity. And until those two are completely separate with no controlling interests, loans, board seats, same core workers, etc there will always be that problem. I know that solution is in the pipelines as well, but again behind the scenes it is prudent to be wise about the happenings.

As to the last part I agree. Yet when gyms are given free uniforms, shoes and then used as de facto marketing reps to get other gyms to buy those same styles. When gyms are given free entrance to major competitions because they are considered a "draw" to bring in other gyms - not compete with them but as fan gyms. When bids appear after the fact and are given to gyms that are either owned by the conglomerate or are customers that pay way more than just competitions entry fees to them. When gyms say no and they are belittled for "being scared to compete with the big dogs" or "you gotta spend money to make money" type arguments, I see the problem as having more than one side. Yes these are "savvy" marketing strategies for the business, but don't get upset when it is called for what it is either.

Yet we must say no. Especially when we can't afford it. When it is a sound business practice to stay within our budget and not strain our parents to the breaking point financially. That responsibility is on the gym owner to have a backbone no matter what is said and done. But even now gym owners that are saying no and taking stands (whether publicly or privately is irrelevant) are being blamed for causing trouble for looking for other cost effective options. The phone calls. The private messages and emails. The insulting of intelligence when someone either asks questions or points out inconsistencies in their own statements or documents. That is the stuff that should bother people.

As should this...what are gyms going to do when the rebate goes away?

It will. No rebate is forever. Will you have an option when it does? #staytuned

The IEP's organized a few years ago and started offering the season pass. Which is a beautiful thing. This is my first year to not buy it and I miss it already so I know I'll go back to it next season.

One of the IEP's we patronize a lot partnered with Rebel this season. I'm actually very happy they're so organized and working well together. It helps keep things competitive, which is how they'll keep Varsity from becoming a true Monopoly (besides the actual federal laws in place to prevent it).

While all eyes are swinging back and forth between Varsity/Jam and this new Rebel Alliance, pay attention to Nfinity and to the USASF. More maneuvers will be coming down the pipe.

While I agree and love options, I will have to point out Federated (Macy's) merged with May in 2005, and most May department stores still stand with the Macy's name on them. Both were HUGE and cash rich but, ultimately there was only room for one and it was going to be the one who ran the most cost effective. The key, both of these corps would have been happy running independently if they could have continued to keep their margins. I stopped working in 2001 to take care of my kids so, I didn't get all the ins and outs of the merge but, I do know that Macy's buying was done by region while May's was done by division and that alone was a huge cost saving in tech, staff and warehouse savings. I will have to say while working for May, I always thought my job was safe but, is it is very costly to do business in the US. I'm not being political that is just the truth to a lot of debt, you have to get the money somewhere. While people love to hate the big guy, and I understand, it is often the small guy knocking on its door to help them out because, they can't survive anymore based on increased cost to do business. Just as Macy's and May Department stores continued to run separately for awhile, I predict Varsity and Jams will do the same until they merge systems and pare down costs. While I wish Rebel Alliance great success, my knowledge of how business/government works will tell you that one day, if they grow, it will come down to Rebel Alliance and Varsity.

@tumbleyoda *cough, cough* Rebel....Rebel Alliance. Business is business in the US, you just described the majority of all start ups and survival techniques. People keep throwing out the word "transparency" but, you have to know every curve ball coming at you at all times to disclose "transparency" and the curve balls come daily in the real and corporate world . The day we can predict what all other countries are doing, wars and natural disasters will be the day you will see transparency from government, and then, large corporations.

Lol no conspiracy theories from me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the next step is buying out Nfinity and taking on Worlds (the Summit was a great beta test).

The scary thing is that I can see this happening. (DON'T DO IT TATE, DON'T DO IT!!!)

As an EP, I don't have any major issues with Varsity. Generally I like their competitions even if I think they are a bit expensive. As a business I get the whole acquisitions of other EP's. Businesses have a right to make money. That is not the issue.

It is the stuff behind the scenes that most parents aren't aware of, how they have operated in the past, the owning of gyms that many people aren't even aware of, the blacklisting or buying out of anyone who takes a stand, the blocking of independent EP's from even being able to get a venue on a date or putting a brand comp in the same town as a draw away from the IEP, and most of all the USASF ownership that was denied for years until they couldn't deny it any more. Things that tie in with those issues combined with the lack of transparency that drives most of the dislike for USASF/Varsity. And until those two are completely separate with no controlling interests, loans, board seats, same core workers, etc there will always be that problem. I know that solution is in the pipelines as well, but again behind the scenes it is prudent to be wise about the happenings.

As to the last part I agree. Yet when gyms are given free uniforms, shoes and then used as de facto marketing reps to get other gyms to buy those same styles. When gyms are given free entrance to major competitions because they are considered a "draw" to bring in other gyms - not compete with them but as fan gyms. When bids appear after the fact and are given to gyms that are either owned by the conglomerate or are customers that pay way more than just competitions entry fees to them. When gyms say no and they are belittled for "being scared to compete with the big dogs" or "you gotta spend money to make money" type arguments, I see the problem as having more than one side. Yes these are "savvy" marketing strategies for the business, but don't get upset when it is called for what it is either.

Yet we must say no. Especially when we can't afford it. When it is a sound business practice to stay within our budget and not strain our parents to the breaking point financially. That responsibility is on the gym owner to have a backbone no matter what is said and done. But even now gym owners that are saying no and taking stands (whether publicly or privately is irrelevant) are being blamed for causing trouble for looking for other cost effective options. The phone calls. The private messages and emails. The insulting of intelligence when someone either asks questions or points out inconsistencies in their own statements or documents. That is the stuff that should bother people.

As should this...what are gyms going to do when the rebate goes away?

It will. No rebate is forever. Will you have an option when it does? #staytuned
Let the sport say AMEN.

A company has to control more than a third of a market to be considered a monopoly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cheer industry is an oligopoly, IMO.

Strategy
Strategy is extremely important to firms that are interdependent. Because firms cannot act independently, they must anticipate the likely response of a rival to any given change in their price, or their non-price activity. In other words, they need to plan, and work out a range of possible options based on how they think rivals might react.

Oligopolists have to make critical strategic decisions, such as:

• Whether to compete with rivals, or collude with them.

• Whether to raise or lower price, or keep price constant.

• Whether to be the first firm to implement a new strategy, or whether to wait and see what rivals do. The advantages of ‘going first’ or ‘going second’ are respectively called 1st and 2nd-mover advantage. Sometimes it pays to go first because a firm can generate head-start profits. 2nd mover advantage occurs when it pays to wait and see what new strategies are launched by rivals, and then try to improve on them or find ways to undermine them.

I want to shimmy this 5000000000 times

Lol no conspiracy theories from me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the next step is buying out Nfinity and taking on Worlds (the Summit was a great beta test).

I don't see Varsity taking on Worlds or forming a governing body. The USASF provides too much protection for the EPs and structure.

I don't see Varsity taking on Worlds or forming a governing body. The USASF provides too much protection for the EPs and structure.
Oh no I never said they'll try to be the governing body. They already have the majority votes on the board anyway so I don't think they're looking to start over there.

Oh no I never said they'll try to be the governing body. They already have the majority votes on the board anyway so I don't think they're looking to start over there.

Exactly. And if someone were to get hurt at a USASF competition who will the parents 'go after'? USASF, because that is the governing body and the competition was signed off on. Summit fills a nice hole of everyone who doesn't go to Worlds, but I don't see it taking on Worlds at all.

Back