All-Star Requests For Helping A Community In Need

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks so much everyone!! There are only 2 days left of the matching donor sponsorship code INSPIRE and I really need some help getting the word out. Thanks to this very kind person, our classroom would need to raise $130 (rather than $260!) if we can do so by tomorrow.

I've spent my gift card to the site & posted to my Facebook like crazy, but no luck today. If you are able, please spread the word to your gym! A quick social media post can go a long way. If we can get even 25 people just to donate $5 (the cost of a Starbucks trip) and type the code INSPIRE, we can begin to put the "big books" back in our curriculum!

I really appreciate anything you can do to get the word out! Thanks for being an amazing group of friends & supporters! We are working hard on thank you notes in our room!

Detroit's Dynamite Readers

I know I haven't been on here lately, but... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this amazing cheer community, my students received book bins, a new shelf, and a new easel! The impact of your help was something I did not ever expect: The kids have gotten so excited over doing various activities on the easel, that they have been coming to school more frequently. I'd have about 10-15 kids absent each day at the beginning of the year. Now, it's down to 2-3 per day. My students are so engaged with these materials and just love getting to pick out their own books!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Donors will receive a thank you package around Christmas time (it goes through the website for approval/mailing, or I would have sent it on my own sooner!)

I will also post photos and videos of our lessons once I get photo release forms back!!

Thanks to this amazing cheer community, my students received book bins, a new shelf, and a new easel! The impact of your help was something I did not ever expect: The kids have gotten so excited over doing various activities on the easel, that they have been coming to school more frequently. I'd have about 10-15 kids absent each day at the beginning of the year. Now, it's down to 2-3 per day. My students are so engaged with these materials and just love getting to pick out their own books!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Donors will receive a thank you package around Christmas time (it goes through the website for approval/mailing, or I would have sent it on my own sooner!)

I will also post photos and videos of our lessons once I get photo release forms back!!
I'm so glad there are people like you in this world.

I spent my first six years teaching at one of the poorest schools in the state of Colorado. I know exactly how hard it is to be a teacher, especially in your situation. Let us know if you need anything else. I would love to help!
Also, have you heard of Teachers Pay Teachers? I have made quite a bit of extra money on that website selling lesson plans. Last year it paid for extras in my class as well as my CP's all star cheer tuition and travel for the family to 5 out of state comps.

Also, have you heard of Teachers Pay Teachers? I have made quite a bit of extra money on that website selling lesson plans. Last year it paid for extras in my class as well as my CP's all star cheer tuition and travel for the family to 5 out of state comps.

WOW. I spend so much money on that site getting fun holiday activities! My roommate and I always wondered how much money sellers make for the effort put in--- but you make it seem so worth it! PS- thanks for contributing to that site... it can sometimes be my survival guide as a first year teacher! :)

WOW. I spend so much money on that site getting fun holiday activities! My roommate and I always wondered how much money sellers make for the effort put in--- but you make it seem so worth it! PS- thanks for contributing to that site... it can sometimes be my survival guide as a first year teacher! :)
Yes, it is totally worth it. Consider doing it!!

Also, if you see anything in my store that you want I would be honored to GIVE it to you! I worked in inner city schools my first ten years as a teacher, (6 in a super poor school) so I know how hard it is to afford anything. Here is my store:
Store: I-Love-1st-Grade-By-Cecelia-Magro - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Yes, it is totally worth it. Consider doing it!!

Also, if you see anything in my store that you want I would be honored to GIVE it to you! I worked in inner city schools my first ten years as a teacher, (6 in a super poor school) so I know how hard it is to afford anything. Here is my store:
Store: I-Love-1st-Grade-By-Cecelia-Magro - TeachersPayTeachers.com

You are the sweetest! I just started my TPT store recently, following your advice! Your store looks so awesome.

Hey everyone! I'm just here with an update due to what's going on in the national news.

About a year ago, I posted this thread title about my clearly unsafe classroom. Little did I know that there was mold and mildew throughout the building, along with sewage leaks in the ceiling, and this video about our school would start the string of "sickouts" you've been seeing on the news: Detroit teacher takes new job to get out of classroom she says is making her sick - WXYZ.com

I looped up to 2nd grade with my group from last year. This class means everything to me. I'm really trying anything and everything to keep our school open despite our building literally falling apart at the seams, and supplies running scarce.

We have one desktop computer, but our outlets were too rusty when the health department came and we had to unplug it. I posted this request for a tablet so we can start reading eBooks. I'm just planning on charging it in the office.

Thank you in advance for all of your support -Katie

You can help below:
Technology for 21st Century Learners | DonorsChoose.org project by Ms. Rogers

ugh. I am so sorry. This makes me so angry. I will definitely share this. Thank you for caring and doing something :)

Back