All-Star Restricting Tumbling To Your All Star Gym Only??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Meanj,

What is your angle? If the point of this thread was to discuss tumbling restrictions as you have claimed can you please explain how your most recent link relates? I am trying to keep an open mind but it seems as though you have a huge issue with this gym and are far from non biased. I completed a you tube search for this gym and they have great routines and winning records. Can you tell me what gym you coach at or own so I can compare the two gyms?

fiercechick101, seeing how you've just registered on Wednesday - I think you have much to learn about how these boards work. Everything that occurs in our industry lends itself to a learning or growing experience. No one said anything about the teams or athletes, nor the routines they put on the floor - so, that angle lends me to think that you are merely trying to turn this into that (it's not).. but good try! Enjoy your newly disovered cache of informative cheerleading information that you'll find on www.thefierceboard.com :)

You know, this new member did bring up a good point. Maybe a new thread should be started, something about scams.. or gyms with bad reputations. Bringing this kind of stuff out into the light of day so other 'newbies" know before they make a decision on which program to commit to, would be a good thing. Maybe there should be a "cheerfax" kinda like a carfax.. And hey, if anyone starts one.. i want 10% :cheering:

You know, this new member did bring up a good point. Maybe a new thread should be started, something about scams.. or gyms with bad reputations. Bringing this kind of stuff out into the light of day so other 'newbies" know before they make a decision on which program to commit to, would be a good thing. Maybe there should be a "cheerfax" kinda like a carfax.. And hey, if anyone starts one.. i want 10% :cheering:

Great Idea! You can create it! Go for it! & maybe I'll just post a copy of what was posted here already? idk if we can link the two threads?

Thanks guys...I may be new and yes I have a whole lot to learn but I did read the rules and do not stand corrected! I am trying be objective...if a cp can't tumble anywhere else is the gym producing high quality tumblers? Does it appear that their tumbling instruction may be the best around? If the tuition is high are the uniforms nice, do they go to big events that cost more to register... I am just trying to see the big picture.

Thanks guys...I may be new and yes I have a whole lot to learn but I did read the rules and do not stand corrected! I am trying be objective...if a cp can't tumble anywhere else is the gym producing high quality tumblers? Does it appear that their tumbling instruction may be the best around? If the tuition is high are the uniforms nice, do they go to big events that cost more to register... I am just trying to see the big picture.

Your question is asking for speculation. It's best to have tangible facts before being outspoken on here. There are alot of tangible and legitimate things that have been contributed and continue to evolve in this thread. For me to answer your questions would ask me speculate & that's not something I'm willing to do.

I was not asking you to answer the questions...I was stating my train of thought on the subject matter. Simple logic would encourage us to consider factors such the level of tumblers they produce.

Thanks for recommending that I restrict my freedom be "outspoken" on here...almost sounds like restricting tumbling ;)

Meanj,

What is your angle? If the point of this thread was to discuss tumbling restrictions as you have claimed can you please explain how your most recent link relates? I am trying to keep an open mind but it seems as though you have a huge issue with this gym and are far from non biased. I completed a you tube search for this gym and they have great routines and winning records. Can you tell me what gym you coach at or own so I can compare the two gyms?
Were you a member for a bit longer...you would know that seldom do we "boarders" stay on subject....we stray and that is part of our charm....:) AGAIN.....keeping an open mind is a good thing...but the painful truth is.....these gym owners brought this stuff on themselves...if you put these crazy letters and rules out there...free speech will reign and you deserve what comes...meanj is on it and the info provided IS relevant....IMO

Were you a member for a bit longer...you would know that seldom do we "boarders" stay on subject....we stray and that is part of our charm....:) AGAIN.....keeping an open mind is a good thing...but the painful truth is.....these gym owners brought this stuff on themselves...if you put these crazy letters and rules out there...free speech will reign and you deserve what comes...meanj is on it and the info provided IS relevant....IMO

I understand the concept of freedom of information. It is my personal opinion that their rules are their rules and they can be respected by the families or the families can select another gym. It should be that simple. Maybe we should talk about parents who agree to follow program rules but fail to comply - why would they ever agree to allow their cp to cheer at that gym in the first place?

Can someone please explain to me why there is such a great focus on this one gym - why do they deserve what is coming? Given the state of some of the other gyms I have seen there are more gym staff/owners that should have it coming. It's too bad meanj is only focusing on the one gym! Any other gyms you would like to shed light on @meanj?

Admittedly, I didn't read all 20 pages of responses, so what I think has probably been said.
1) I can see where coaches are coming from if they don't know where you're tumbling and while it's vitally important that you "be there" for your team - that also means not doing something on your own time to mess up your team....like getting injured from tumbling with coaches that aren't qualified. I stress out over the annual ski trip with the school. Last year I told my son if he broke a leg I'd break the other one since he'd be off the mat for the next weekend's competition anyway :) Both my kids have a responsibility to stay healthy through the season regardless if they're in "our" gym or not.

2) I think if you're on vacation, or you're traveling a long way and the coaches know the quality of the coaching you're getting on the side, it's probably not going to be a big problem if you just do them the courtesy of having a private conversation about it. I know our coaches will readily give you the names of people they know in other areas so you can tumble on vacation, they'll even put you in touch with them. But, they would prefer (for your sake and theirs) that you take instruction from someone they're not going to have to "undo" later. I don't have a problem with that.

3) If you don't like how your gym's policies are - no one says you have to stay there. I saw a few responses from people being angry that they're paying their gym and as a customer shouldn't be dictated to with such rules. I can see that - however, McDonald's won't sell me a Frosty no matter how much I want them to. If I want a Frosty...I go to Wendy's. We didn't like some of the things going on at our original gym - that's why we're not there anymore.

4) Even if I did have problems with my gym (which I don't) I wouldn't put a parent email verbatim (with sender email attached) and start a thread about it on Fierceboard. I think there were probably 34 different, more sportsmanlike/professional ways to have gone about this. I recommend sitting down one on one with your coaches and talking about it with them, not throwing them under the bus on this board. Ouch.

I understand the concept of freedom of information. It is my personal opinion that their rules are their rules and they can be respected by the families or the families can select another gym. It should be that simple. Maybe we should talk about parents who agree to follow program rules but fail to comply - why would they ever agree to allow their cp to cheer at that gym in the first place?

Can someone please explain to me why there is such a great focus on this one gym - why do they deserve what is coming? Given the state of some of the other gyms I have seen there are more gym staff/owners that should have it coming. It's too bad meanj is only focusing on the one gym! Any other gyms you would like to shed light on @meanj?
I think because the beginning of this thread was about a crazy letter this gym sent out....I am sure after parents are already signed up stating that they were forbidding kids to tumble else where all the while inviting kids to bring friends to their tumbling....hipocracy and all that.....if you know of other gyms who do this crazy stuff...feel free to ad them to the discussion....this thread was based on a subject and this gym falls into this subject...thats all.....AGAIN...if the gym hadnt sent out the letter....they wouldnt own this thread...:))

I think because the beginning of this thread was about a crazy letter this gym sent out....I am sure after parents are already signed up stating that they were forbidding kids to tumble else where all the while inviting kids to bring friends to their tumbling....hipocracy and all that.....if you know of other gyms who do this crazy stuff...feel free to ad them to the discussion....this thread was based on a subject and this gym falls into this subject...thats all.....AGAIN...if the gym hadnt sent out the letter....they wouldnt own this thread...:))

Fair enough

4) Even if I did have problems with my gym (which I don't) I wouldn't put a parent email verbatim (with sender email attached) and start a thread about it on Fierceboard. I think there were probably 34 different, more sportsmanlike/professional ways to have gone about this. I recommend sitting down one on one with your coaches and talking about it with them, not throwing them under the bus on this board. Ouch.

Speaking of the bus..... ;)

Back