All-Star Ridiculous Scores

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My feeling on scores is that difficulty on the same score sheet should never change as long as the number of skills do not change. Difficulty scores in tumbling, stunts, baskets, pyramid should not change from comp to comp (one of the main reasons I am hugely in favor of a judges association). I do believe technique and performance/creativity I feel more comfortable varying from comp to comp.

Now I say this based on the same score sheet. Having different difficulty at different EP is very likely and more understood.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My kids teams have been on both sides of this. Unfortunately this is a subjectively scored sport. Yes there are grids the judges are working within but those grids are subjective as well. In most sports we see today if there is a controversial call we can go to the tape and try to determine the correct call and sometimes they still don't get it right but it is better. Personally I would like to see all the routines reviewed before they are scored. Yes I understand that means more judges which means more cost but if that takes some of this out then that's what needs to be done. Will it fix everything, absolutley not but maybe it's a start. Again this is just my opinion.

Back