All-Star Rip Amanda

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what makes me mad is that there several pages on fb thats making fun of Amanda Todd... theres tons about her drinking bleach!! clearly some of those people have no lives and decide to make fun of a dead girl!!! Why are some people SOO heartless!!:(

Has anyone else been seeing all of the negative "why does she get attention about it" type posts?? It's sad to see, and I hope there is a way to stop it. It's not even completely just about her story, it's about spreading awareness and preventing more occurances--but it's overwhelming to see how many people it HAS reached--friends of mine on facebook who have NOTHING to do with cheer liked her page before I even found it!

Has anyone else been seeing all of the negative "why does she get attention about it" type posts?? It's sad to see, and I hope there is a way to stop it. It's not even completely just about her story, it's about spreading awareness and preventing more occurances--but it's overwhelming to see how many people it HAS reached--friends of mine on facebook who have NOTHING to do with cheer liked her page before I even found it!
I even saw some celebrities rt about it and talking about it on twitter. You are right though, the negative comments are just sad. Sad that there are human being out there that don't have a heart.

Has anyone else been seeing all of the negative "why does she get attention about it" type posts?? It's sad to see, and I hope there is a way to stop it. It's not even completely just about her story, it's about spreading awareness and preventing more occurrences--but it's overwhelming to see how many people it HAS reached--friends of mine on facebook who have NOTHING to do with cheer liked her page before I even found it!
Her story has gone viral world-wide, but it's exactly as you stated above - unless people take that awareness and address cyber and physical bullying head on - nothing changes. Hopefully her story gets incorporated into already existing anti-bullying awareness programs in the schools and even more kids want to help be the change.

I even saw some celebrities rt about it and talking about it on twitter. You are right though, the negative comments are just sad. Sad that there are human being out there that don't have a heart.
it really is quite sad what society has come to. im even more astonished that some of the people i know that have suffered from depression in the past and people who have lost somebody due to suicide have absolutely no compassion for anybody else or for this story i really think there are quite a few things from amandas story that should be brought to the publics attention things like depression and anxiety and how popping pills to fix the problem doesnt always work and that it is a continuous battle. how everybody needs to be aware about what is put out on the internet, and lastly how cruel the world can be and words truly do hurt.

Maybe it's because I grew up without computers and cellphones but wouldn't a lot of the "stalking" and harassment be nipped in the bud by deleting a minor's facebook account?
Maybe I'm missing something but when did having an outlet to social media become a right for kids? It truly boggles my mind that there are parents out there who have no idea what is going on in their child's online life. I'm not saying that these parent's didn't but there is obviously some kind of disconnect going on if she posted the video a month ago and NO ONE stepped up to help her.
Also someone asked earlier about the kids who bullied and their parents, this behavior is learned.
I saw on the statement made by her parents that they had provided home, school and other outlets for their daughter in terms of getting her help. It was short statement, but probably one made so that people knew she was receiving some form of help from different outlets. So sad :(

When we hear about countries that still have stonings, we are extremely quick to voice how barbaric it is. This torture went on for years and was far more barbaric than any stoning or hanging I can imagine. Parents, we have to do a better job teaching grace and forgiveness...we, and our children, seem to have mastered judgment beyond anyones expectations and Amanda's story is the proof.

RIP Amanda <3 My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with her family, friends and cheer family. It's so sad that she had to got through this, it makes me sick that people can be so cruel. It makes me even more sick that plenty of people feel happy to post rude and insensitive comments on her RIP page on facebook, even some people I know have or have made rude comments on their facebook about it. The poor girl passed away and they are still being bullies to her :'( I hope you're in a better place now <3

thank you for sharing this with everyone! Ever since Amanda todd comitted sucide, it seems like everyones talking about bullying!! The Canadian Govt is talking about it and debating a National Anti-Bullying Strategy! Amandas voice is finally being heard!!
Health Canada is promoting the awarness!! RCMP has set up a website Deal.org, cybertip.ca to tackle bullying once and for all!! check it out!

EVERYONE PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!! lets do this in memory of Amanda Todd and all of the victims of bullying!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/bully-free-zone-usa-975-saves-lives#news
LETS MAKE THIS WORLD A BULLY FREE ZONE!! <3

Somehow her story is everywhere on my facebook. People are creating those stupid pictures "Like if you think she shouldn't have died" I'm really mad at the moment. They are turning this poor girl's suicide into a game to try and get likes. Now everyone is saying (my friends and such) "Yes we understand she killed herself. Now move along. People commit suicide every day. She's no different"
I am literally incredibly mad at these people. Rest In Peace, Amanda

Somehow her story is everywhere on my facebook. People are creating those stupid pictures "Like if you think she shouldn't have died" I'm really mad at the moment. They are turning this poor girl's suicide into a game to try and get likes. Now everyone is saying (my friends and such) "Yes we understand she killed herself. Now move along. People commit suicide every day. She's no different"
I am literally incredibly mad at these people. Rest In Peace, Amanda
My step dad (who is a cop) watched amanda todds video.. he couldnt watch the whole thing!! he teared up a bit and walked away!! My mom (who is a retired social worker who worked in child protection) watched the whole video and was mixed emotions. "why didnt anyone help her"?" why didnt the schools do anything about it"? She said "if i lived in BC , i would go see her and get her all the help she needs. i dont care if im retired, this girl needed help"!
i showed my step dad a page on FB and its about amanda todd drinking bleach. he was PISSED! Sadly he couldnt do anything about it but told me to report the page.
Its been a week ago since she died and theres lots of haters out there but her voice is finally being heard! EVERYONE is talking about bullying lately and realizing what can happen to some people if they were bullyed. Even the Canadian Govt is debating a National Anti Bullying Strategy!! I was bullied because of my looks and dissabilities (i have 2 minor learning dissabilities) which led to depression. After i graduated high school i said bye to all my haters :). my haters motivated me to be a better person and to never give up.. NO ONE CAN GET IN YOUR WAY TO REACHING YOUR GOALS!!!
I must say that Amanda Todd is my hero.. sure everyone makes mistakes. the past is the past. But what Amanda did is inspiring(the video).. She wanted to share her story to the world and now the world is listening.
RIP AMANDA TODD!
its not goodbye, its see you later <3

I am starting to be very confused about Amanda. I very much wish she could still be here, yes. But someone sent me a link to her personal Facebook page (After i posted a status about how she doesn't deserve any of this stupid hate) and all i could see (due to her privacy settings) were 3 cover photos and the comments. She seemed to have had a best friend. Maybe i just don't understand.

and to cheerforacauseambassador I believe they said that Amanda also had depression :( Good for you for staying strong :)

I came across a facebook page (after one of my CHEERLEADING friends [shocking right] liked one of their photos)
They are called Stay Mad. and they are really hating on Amanda. I've reported all of their photos and the page all together.

I am starting to be very confused about Amanda. I very much wish she could still be here, yes. But someone sent me a link to her personal Facebook page (After i posted a status about how she doesn't deserve any of this stupid hate) and all i could see (due to her privacy settings) were 3 cover photos and the comments. She seemed to have had a best friend. Maybe i just don't understand.

and to cheerforacauseambassador I believe they said that Amanda also had depression :( Good for you for staying strong :)
Thanks!! she did because of the extensive bullying. i just wish people would grow up and focus on other things than bullying others.

Back