OT Roadtrip ... Thoughts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Would you go on a roadtrip from New York to California and back for a month?

• Total voters
Apr 11, 2011
All summer I had planned (and worked my butt off 7 days a week) to drive across the country from NY to CALI for a once in a lifetime trip with my boyfriend of 6 years. I just graduated college and haven't yet started my career, I'm not married and I don't have children, everything seems perfect! But now everyone is talking us out of driving and suggesting we just fly into Vegas! Can ya'll help me out and rationalize this decision. I really, really want to drive, I'll never forget the experience, but everyone else is saying its boring and there's nothing to see until you get out west, thoughts?

Have you ever gone across the country? Was it worth it? Where did you stop, what did you see?

Don't listen to the naysayers. There are tons of things to do in the middle of the country (hello, world's largest ball of twine!) If you're worried, google the route and find things to do and places to stay. But really, I love road trips and when I was younger, I would just hop in the car, pick a direction, and start driving. I always found random, neat things - the state's largest outdoor crosses, the highest point on I-80, etc. Totally worth it to me. Other people thought I was crazy. It didn't matter - I made great memories, many more than I would have had I just hopped on a plane. Road trips are all about the journey, not the destination.

There are plenty of interesting things to see and do if you don't take interstate highways. It will take effort, but plan a backroads route. My mom and I have found everything from Indian reservations to giant dinosaurs just by taking backroads around VA. Also consider traveling Route 66, I hear there's a lot of cool memorabilia along that

Take the road trip! If you fly, you'd be flying right over all of the good stuff and you wouldn't even know it! Actually getting to see America is so much better than flying over it. My boyfriend and his family always fly and my family always drives. It sucks if there's a lot of people but if it's just you two then go for the drive for sure!

When we were both 21, my best girlfriend and I spent six weeks driving across country and back. We started in San Diego, went north to Yosemite, across the states to New York, south to Washington DC and Williamsburg, Virginia, headed to New Orleans, the Grand Canyon, and home. We went over 10,000 miles and saw so much along the way. We camped in KOA campgrounds and spent a few nights in hotels. We also visited some relatives along the way. We had a great time, saw a lot, grew up a bunch and were never bored!!

Go for it!! When will you ever have the opportunity to do this trip again? Life gets in the way and other things start taking priority. Seize the moment while you have the chance and have a great time!!

Drive drive drive! There's so much to see in this country and if you have the opportunity to drive cross country and back then do so! And please take me with you? Visiting all 50 states is on my bucket list. I think after this summer I will be at 30 or 31.

yes, take the trip. Use caution when necessary and enjoy the freedom you now have. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Don't pass it up.

I say do it.. if we had the money right now I would be the first one in the car ready to go. Don't miss out on this opportunity. :)

drive! you'll be able to fly places and take short trips for the rest of your life, but you might never have the time and freedom to take a big long trip and see EVERYTHING again. if i could do this right now, i would!

Back