OT Roommate Rants

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We all know my Harry Saga. I could write books on the immature douchebag..

I was about to say...weren't you the one with the awful roommate?

My roommate isn't bad except that she's Asian and the food she cooks smells awful. It's gotten so bad that I thought I was gonna throw up. The smell would not go away.

I was about to say...weren't you the one with the awful roommate?

My roommate isn't bad except that she's Asian and the food she cooks smells awful. It's gotten so bad that I thought I was gonna throw up. The smell would not go away.
uh this. i lived in torontos china town last year for school and HATED walking to school some days because the smell and the fact they had pigs hanging in the window

Update for me... I'm switching rooms. So I get a new roommate and my roommate gets my old room to herself, which is freaking annoying. Like I have seniority over 95% of people in the dorms and I'm the one that has to move because she won't compromise... But on the bright note, I move tomorrow which is when I find out who I'm rooming with. Hopefully an international student from Korea, but I dunno. I'm ready for this to be OVER.

I could rant on my roommate forever. My roommate NEVER cleans. There's just piles and piles of dirty clothes on her side of the room. It's gotten to the point where we have to leave the window open constantly because it starts to smell like sweat and her dirty clothes in our room. And being in Kansas where we just got a huge snowstorm it is now freezing 24/7. She also leaves her dirty dishes in the sink and left a washcloth/hand towel in the sink for so long it started to mold. I pointed it out to her and it's still there. I left to visit my grandparents this weekend and she told me that it would be spotless when I get back. Heard that before. On Wednesdays I don't have class till 12 and she has class at 9. She completely disregards the fact that I am attempting to sleep. She slams the door as she goes from our room into the bathroom. Plays loud music. And uses so much hairspray that it really makes it difficult to breathe and I just start coughing. I know I sound overdramatic, but I'm just going crazy. I cannot wait to move out of the dorms in 77 days. Not that I'm counting down or anything.

My freshman year I seriously lucked out with the best roommates ever. Our room was just a big open room for 4 girls, no privacy. The three of them joined the same sorority, but they're partying never bothered me. They supported me at games and we hated being home for break. The three of them are still super close because of their sorority, and even though we're almost at the end of our 4th year and I've transferred home we still talk all the time and refer to ourselves as "A-House 1005"

So I'm reviving this thread because I got my room switched, and my new roommate is great! We get along really well, she even spent spring break with me and my family. However, our quadmates (our neighbors who we share a bathroom with) are SO. FREAKING. LOUD. Rap music, all day, every day. Right now, it's so loud I can hear it with EARPLUGS IN.
I can never win. 22 more days of dorm life and I'm done forever. Thank goodness.

My roommate my freshman year of college was a Japanese exchange student who spoke NO english. If I wanted a TV, microwave, fridge ect, I had to bring it. She never cleaned anything, even when she'd see all of us (the dorms are suites) cleaning. I'd go home for the weekend and come back to gnats everywhere cause she wouldn't take out the garbage, or throw away her food ect. I couldn't stand her.

The stories I could tell about living in a house with some of sorority sisters....oh lord.

I'm going off to college this fall. My roommate is going to be one of my best friends I've known since 5th grade. I'm just glad at FGCU each person has their own room in the dorm but share the bathroom with your roommate because I'm not that good at keeping my room clean xD I'll clean it when I'm bored or when I can't make a path :p

My roommate my freshman year of college was a 300lb nudist. No joke.

She only wore clothes when she was leaving our hall. There was a big to do about it but it was ultimately decided that it was freedom of expression and they did not make her wear clothes. I used to beg her to get dressed when people would come over. Eventually no one came anymore and I just went to them. Lol. She would sit there in the nude slathering her lotion all over herself and singing gospel music. I lived with her an entire year before I could get new housing.
When I read this I thought of Ugly Naked Guy from Friends. Where are all my Friends Fanatics out there???

I could never make my entire room mate rant fit into one of these posts. It would be a novel. I AM SO GLAD I AM LIVING IN THE ON CAMPUS APARTMENTS NEXT YEAR AND THAT I GET MY OWN ROOM.

I got 99 problems and my room mates are about 87 of them. :mad:

Any advice on dealing with insane roommates? I girl I work with goes to the same school as I do so I asked if she knew my roommate. Apparently shes insane.
Did she go into details? Have you spoken with your roommate-to-be at all? I'd want to find out some more info to see why people think she is nuts.
Roommates are tough. My first one was a straight up physics geek who drank herself into a stupor Thursday-Sunday each week and cried over a boy on the floor above us. My second roommate was a freshman when I was a sophomore and she was homesick for the first 4 months and cried herself to sleep every night. Fortunately the third time was a charm and a good friend of mine's roommate moved out and I was able to move in, and then we moved off campus and each had our own bedroom.
Hopeful the future roomie is just misunderstood and not totally nuts, but if she truly is at least you'll be prepared for what you're walking into. And then can put in for a transfer as soon as possible if need be. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I move into college in exactly two weeks :eek: Luckily, I'm rooming with my best friend. I know what people say about situations like that, but I think it will be perfect for us. Last year, she did a program at our college for juniors where she lived there for 6 weeks and her roommate was horrible apparently, so she's all excited to have someone she knows will be courteous, and I am too! Also, I know she won't be bringing creepy guys into the room because she has a boyfriend at home, and even when he comes to visit, I like him so I won't mind him being there. So I'm more nervous about the people living around us than who is actually in my room right now!

We havent talked at all yet. I messaged her on facebook and it took her like a month to respond and all she said was sorry I didnt see this. She likes to spread rumors about everyone she knows and apparently shes creepy. I thought it was kind of weird that she wasnt an incoming student and had no one to room with. I guess she was supposed to room with some of her sorority sisters but when they realized how crazy she was they told her no.
Be nice but cautious initially. Try to make as many other friends as possible on your floor so you have places to hang out if your roommate turns out to be as bad as you fear. I'll send good roommate karma your way! Maybe she just made friends too quickly with the wrong bunch of people at the start of her freshman year and she's looking for a fresh start this coming year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Lol so a freshman on my team was telling us about her search for a roommate (she asked if anyone had needed in their freshman class Facebook page and got a few replies) and she said she was about to ask this girl to be her roommate because she seemed totally normal but then asked her if she (the girl) had anymore questions for her. So this girl tells her that she is a devil worshiper and asks if it would be okay if on Saturdays she could use the room to talk to the devil and all that stuff...so yeah, they aren't rooming together anymore.

Back