OT Roommate Rants

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I had to like, calm myself down so I don't go on a rant.

When I moved into this apartment, she was insisting that my name be on the lease. Which wasnt a big deal, so I signed it.

Right after I signed it she told me I'm her fifth roommate in the last YEAR and she doesnt want me to be able to leave in two months like the rest of them.

She's a disgusting slob. Yesterday I walked into the house, and it smelled so bad that I just turned around and walked out. I'm so over it.

10 months to go....

I had to like, calm myself down so I don't go on a rant.

When I moved into this apartment, she was insisting that my name be on the lease. Which wasnt a big deal, so I signed it.

Right after I signed it she told me I'm her fifth roommate in the last YEAR and she doesnt want me to be able to leave in two months like the rest of them.

She's a disgusting slob. Yesterday I walked into the house, and it smelled so bad that I just turned around and walked out. I'm so over it.

10 months to go....
Hire a cleaning service. Deduct it from next month's rent.

Hire a cleaning service. Deduct it from next month's rent.
That would be so funny. Itd never fly though. she thinks the entire apartment is hers since shes lived here longer, therefore, she thinks shes the boss of me. Its been super fun trying to set her straight.

That would be so funny. Itd never fly though. she thinks the entire apartment is hers since shes lived here longer, therefore, she thinks shes the boss of me. Its been super fun trying to set her straight.
If you're both on the lease now - which was her wish - then she's in for a rude awakening if she thinks she's in charge. Good luck taming the beast.

Just walked into the apartment to find most of the dishes on top of the fridge... Instead of putting them away, she moved them from the drying rack to on top of the fridge... Which is so much harder than just putting them away. I don't understand...

I'm really glad that I am living at home for grad school. I had my filling of bad roommates during undergrad, too many stories to post.

Just walked into the apartment to find most of the dishes on top of the fridge... Instead of putting them away, she moved them from the drying rack to on top of the fridge... Which is so much harder than just putting them away. I don't understand...
My mother-in-law does that.
She claims she is helping by emptying the dishwasher and then piles everything on the counter.:banghead:

How have I missed this thread? I could write a book of great stories from 4 years in college with 4 different living situations and 11 total roommates.

My best story didn't happen to me though, it happened to two girls in my sorority. They lived in a 3 bedroom off campus apartment with a girl one of them knew from home. She was in a different sorority but never really socialized with anyone and stayed up in her room a lot. Overall she was a little strange but never really caused any problems. As soon as they moved in, strange girl went out and bought a new door knob to her room and replaced her old knob with a new one that she could lock with a key. They thought it was a little weird, especially knowing she would have to replace the old lock before they moved out, but let it go.

The strange roommate went home for a weekend and the two other girls were hanging out downstairs. I don't know how exactly they got on the topic but one of them said she had a talent of picking locks with a credit card. Other roommate asked her to prove it, so they went upstairs to weird girls room since it had the type of lock she required. She used the card and sure enough, the door opened relatively easily. She reached in to relock the door from the inside and close it but it doing so she looked down at the floor. Weird girl had spread thumb tacks face up all over her bedroom for anyone who dared to enter. It wasn't like she had just dropped a couple, it was an entire box strategically placed all over the floor to stab the feet of intruders.

WHO TAKES THE TIME TO DO THAT? Why would you live with people you distrust SO much that you set up booby traps in your room? They relocked they door and never told weird girl about what they had seen. She ended up breaking the lease and moving out a couple months later.

Just thought of another good one. I had a suite with 3 other girls freshman year, shared a bedroom with 1 and a bathroom with all 3. One suitemate had very long, dark, kinky hair. I'm talking like ringlet curls almost. A couple months into the year our shower drain started getting backed up. The water would be to our mid-shins by the time we were finished showering.

My roommate tried to clear it once (with a plastic fork from the dining hall) and managed to get a good bit of it but gagged and almost puked in the process. When she pulled it out it was pretty much exclusively long, dark curly hair. Because of this we asked out long haired roommate to do the honors next time and she refused saying it was gross and it wasn't her hair. UM OK YES IT IS. WE SAW IT. None of us wanted to mess with it again and she still refused so we used our friends shower down the hall until maintenance came and brought the long snakey thing to clear it completely.

Flash forward to the end of school when it was discovered that the curly haired roommate BRUSHED HER HAIR IN THE SHOWER. Every single time she showered. That's a pretty normal thing I guess but you are obviously the cause of the clogging if you're brushing your kinky, tangled hair in our community shower!!!!!

Back