All-Star Roundoff Tucks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2010
Are roundoff tucks easier than ro bhs tucks? I'm wondering because I'm working tucks but I don't always get the highest rebound out of my backhandspring. Would it be better to try roundoff tucks first? Thanks!

I'd say so. If your BHS isn't powerful enough, how are you supposed to tuck?

i learned a RO tuck before a ROBHS tuck. It's easier, but makes doing any skill out of a ROBH harder

I learned RO tuck before RO BHS tuck because my bhs wasn't as strong. I feel lke they are two different feelings though. If you are talking about easier, than yes, for most people RO tucks are easier. But as many stated above, the bhs is stil super important.

i learned a ROBHS tuck before a ROtuck, learn the bbhs tuck first so then its easier. even though RO tucks are easier but this will help in the long run:)

Please please continue to work on your bhs and multiple bhs! Do not skip this important progression. Take the time to learn correctly and you will progress further in the future.

I'm still working on the bhs, I promise! I can usually get a good rebound to do more skills out of, just not 100% of the time. I'm just doing the tucks on the tumble track, not the floor yet. And I'm sure I won't be allowed to (and don't really want to) until my rebound is perfect all the time. Thank you!!

RO BHS tucks are easier to some people because more than likely their backhandspring isn't very strong. Speaking as a tumbling coach, you need to work on perfecting your backhandspring first before adding a tuck to ANYTHING, including a roundoff. When I am coaching and a girl comes in saying she has a roundoff tuck, but not with a bhs, I know right away that her bhs isn't strong. We work on bhs drills the rest of the class. You can do SO MUCH MORE with a ro bhs tuck. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is, please work on it with a bhs!

RO BHS tucks are easier to some people because more than likely their backhandspring isn't very strong. Speaking as a tumbling coach, you need to work on perfecting your backhandspring first before adding a tuck to ANYTHING, including a roundoff. When I am coaching and a girl comes in saying she has a roundoff tuck, but not with a bhs, I know right away that her bhs isn't strong. We work on bhs drills the rest of the class. You can do SO MUCH MORE with a ro bhs tuck. Regardless of how easy or difficult it is, please work on it with a bhs!

I honestly have no desire to do ro tucks because I think the ro bhs tuck looks prettier and more complete if you know what I mean? Thanks :) I'll keep working on my backhandspring!

Work on conditioning your core and Keeping your arms all the way behind your ears the entire time you tumble, this willowy likely fix your bhs bound up. If not then start working blocking drills to make sure that your popping off the floor and actually getting airborne before your feet touch in your bhs. It is mine and now my gyms general policy to not allow roff tucks until you're bhs tuck is solid. Too many of our kids can only flip from roffs now, which makes moving to level 4 impossible without standings to tuck and layouts. I know kids with roff layouts that are on level two teams because of this issue.
I know conditioning bhs and roffs and perfecting the technique can be a long and tedious progress, but I would almost guarantee that if we made cheerleaders do it for an extended length of time, we would see a huge explosion in the number of doubles down the road.

Back