All-Star Roundoff Tucks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's coaches actually insist that she learn the robhs tuck (she doesn't work round off tucks at all), because that's the proper progression. Is that not accurate?

My daughter's coaches actually insist that she learn the robhs tuck (she doesn't work round off tucks at all), because that's the proper progression. Is that not accurate?
It's accurate. The only time I work a roundoff tuck before a roundoff backhandspring tuck is if it's a high school cheerleader needs it for tryouts and her backhandspring just isn't good enough yet. Clearly this isn't the ideal situation, but what are you gonna do? lol.
I never work on just roundoff tucks with allstars because it isn't needed as much as a roundoff backhandspring tuck.

Please please continue to work on your bhs and multiple bhs! Do not skip this important progression. Take the time to learn correctly and you will progress further in the future.
I agree 1000000%. My coach doesn't let anyone at the gym work on round off tucks if they don't have a round off bhs tuck. He says if you have a ro bhs tuck, you automatically have a round off tuck, but not vise versa. My first back when I did a round off tuck in the routine all year, but couldn't do a bhs tuck because I was mental about it. Don't skip steps, you'll regret it. It's like trying to do a full without a layout first, it will look ugly and be inconsistent!

It is accurate. You have good coaches there.

We're very happy with them. My daughter works her butt off, but her progress in her first year of all-stars was really, really helped by her coaches.

Back when I could tumble (I would die if I tried now) I could never ever ever roundoff tuck. One RO Tuck turned into a RO back neckspring and I never threw one again.

I couldn't get myself to do any "set" skills directly out of a roundoff. Probably 'cause my roundoff was...eh hem...AWFUL. I was a coach's DREAM #sarcasm

My ro bhs can be sketchy, but having ro tuck first really helps with my ro bhs tuck just because I understand the concept of the tuck better. For me, it made more sense to get whichever one I could get first, just so that I could work on the actual tuck, and I think that it's paid off seeing as now I can pull my tuck out of really, really atrocious ro bhs! Which really isn't something to brag about, but still!

personally i thought roundoff tucks were hard because i would drive it back because i was used to handsprings..personally a round off hand tuck looks better and they actually will help you with your roundoff tuck. as everyone else has said... dont skip steps...youll only regret it in time when learning higher skills and will have to go back to them and learn them...trust me it stinks

Round off tucks are just perfect for over rotating. I've seen it happen a few too many times.

Back when I could tumble (I would die if I tried now) I could never ever ever roundoff tuck. One RO Tuck turned into a RO back neckspring and I never threw one again.

I couldn't get myself to do any "set" skills directly out of a roundoff. Probably 'cause my roundoff was...eh hem...AWFUL. I was a coach's DREAM #sarcasm
ME TOOOOO! OMG all the coaches LOVED spotting me ;)

I personally think they are waaay easier. i can throw a roundoff tuck without stretching or warming up or anything. then with a roundoff backhandspring tuck, its takes more effort.
also, i got my roundoff backhandspring tuck first and when i was learning to do a roundoff tuck, i would go back and get confused. but it worked out in the end :) haha good luckkk

Like alot of people have posted IMO r/o tucks are easier! but because that's what i learned first...i can't do a r/o bhs tuck to save my life though! i freak out in the middle of my back because i go soo high! i would deffinitely reccomend working multiple backhand springs really fast and with your legs tight! this will help rotate around fast and squeeze! heres a video of my ro back. fast foward to like :20 sec. because i was talking to my coaches! lol i have to have them stand there or i wont throw it lol :p

Back