All-Star Roundoff Tucks?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i learned a RO tuck before a robhs tuck it was just easier for me at the time .... but my coach always had me throwing my bhs to make it stronger and one day i decided to try a robhs tuck i think it depends on the person but you dont want to forget the form in a bhs its such a key element into all the upper level tumbling skills

i dont even work round off tucks because i would be so used to going back for my backhandspring. My sets out of robhs was so high, so i went right to robhs tucks. i think they are so much easier. i like the time to think during the ro and hs. a tuck would come too quick in a ro tuck IMO. :)

i learned a RO tuck before a robhs tuck it was just easier for me at the time .... but my coach always had me throwing my bhs to make it stronger and one day i decided to try a robhs tuck i think it depends on the person but you dont want to forget the form in a bhs its such a key element into all the upper level tumbling skills

and i would like to add, when going into your back tuch from your roundoff bhs keep your arms up when you finish the bhs (set) and it will help you sososo much! :D

My CP learned a ro tuck first, and it was definitely not a good idea, because she is now having troubles with simpler things such as ro bhs tuck, but she can do a ro full.

My CP learned a ro tuck first, and it was definitely not a good idea, because she is now having troubles with simpler things such as ro bhs tuck, but she can do a ro full.

thats exactly like me! i can't really do anything running out of a ro bhs but ill do ro layouts and ro fulls lol weird right??

I think it all is about what is best for you. Get spot on each and see which you feel more comfortable with and which you have the best form in. In my round-off tuck, I get so much power that I almost fall over. In my round-off back-handspring tuck, I set too early out of the handspring and don't have as great of form. So for me, it was more beneficial to get my round-off tuck first. Good luck! :)

I think it all is about what is best for you. Get spot on each and see which you feel more comfortable with and which you have the best form in. In my round-off tuck, I get so much power that I almost fall over. In my round-off back-handspring tuck, I set too early out of the handspring and don't have as great of form. So for me, it was more beneficial to get my round-off tuck first. Good luck! :)

omg were twins! lol ;)

What is being properly prepared for a RO BHS Tuck in your opinion?

this wasn't to me but i would say a strong backhandspring, with good form, pushing off the ground to where you have two different 'flight phases'. You should be able to do standing series with perfect form building speed and good bound up and have a strong roff backhandspring bound up.
I would then say having a strong understanding of the skill, starting from standing tucks being spotted, and guided through the entire time slowly at first. I also don't let my kids do roff bhs tucks until they can do a strong standing bhs tuck with a light spot. My best kids normally get their standing backhandspring tuck and roff bhs tuck in the same day or week. I also won't spot them on the floor until they can do it on the tramp and usually into the pit (with a level surface built up)
then comes the conditioning, which you can never do enough of. My tuck conditioning starts once i'm almost done finishing up level 2 specialties and standing series, and we require a STRONG standing series to even move to a level 3 class.
Basically, you are ready to do the tuck when you have done it enough times on enough surfaces by yourself that you honestly do have a total understanding of it and won't freak out. Almost all of the spotting (not including just guiding the movements which i start right away and do a lot of) should come when you are first learning it on the trampoline and pit/rod floor if you have them, not when you are doing it on the floor. If one or two spots aren't sufficient to build up you're confidence enough to do it, then you probably don't need to be doing it yet and the spotting becomes pointless and possibly harmful to the long term development of your tumbling.

I could probably talk about this for days..... but these are my standards to determine if you are ready for a tuck.

Back