All-Star Routines OVER 2:30

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Americheer this weekend deducted 10 points to anyone who was over 2:32 -There was a 2 second grace period!

So a routine legal at Varsity competitions is not legal at Americheer?

I wonder if they read this thread?

Just looked at my Itunes to see how long it would say the music is. I downloaded CEASE, Coed elite, and CEA Sharks.
Senior Elite: 2:32
Coed Elite: 2:32
Sharks: 2:35

However, to be fair, I did look at my worlds playlist and most teams did go to 2:32. There were some teams that went all the way to 2:35 (or more!), but I do think that's because it was a recorded mix.

KB_Legend, it does make perfect sense. I just don't see why we no one has found a better solution. I will admit, that I am not the person to figure out a solution, so I'm really no help at all.

Where do you get your cheer music downloaded from???

Where do you get your cheer music downloaded from???

Just because the file is that long doesn't mean that there's that the music is actually that long. There's blank time at the beginning and end up tracks.

Also, what comment is actually yours, and which is the quote? Can you post it outside of the quote box? After </quote> (but replace < with [)

Just because the file is that long doesn't mean that there's that the music is actually that long. There's blank time at the beginning and end up tracks.

Also, what comment is actually yours, and which is the quote? Can you post it outside of the
quote box? After </quote> (but replace < with
[)

Ohh lol sorry I'm on my iPhone and it messed up...but my question was where do you download your cheer music from and is it for free?!?

cheerlibrary.com

Yeah I did that yesterday and I have windows media player and I have windows 7 and I can't find where all of the cheer music that I downloaded is on my playlist? Can you help me??
just make sure you save it to a folder, then open that folder and double click it to listen

So a routine legal at Varsity competitions is not legal at Americheer?

I wonder if they read this thread?

Yes. That is correct. From what I was told A LOT of teams got ROCKED with that deduction at Americheer.

Lol. I thought you'd like that...

Too bad for you Jamfest and Varsity dont have the same policies!

PS - I cant help but LOL when I see your avatar.... EVERYTIME!

PS - I cant help but LOL when I see your avatar.... EVERYTIME!
Really?

I'm kinda over it...
butttt.
king and i have an agreement with it if i take a real picture of myself like that. which i still need to do.

Really?

I'm kinda over it...
butttt.
king and i have an agreement with it if i take a real picture of myself like that. which i still need to do.

I think its funny! You should leave it as is! Its how I picture you in real life now! LOL!

LOL!!!!! Started as a "time" thread and ended up a "Rich, your avatar is FABulous" thread. Omg!! I love this board so much! Thanks for making me laugh, you two! :)

so i just so happened to notice that a certain routine is over 2min 30seconds.
im going to give it the benefit of the doubt because perhaps the video i am watching slowed it down a tiny bit (i.e. 5 seconds)

so i decided to look into this a little bit more for major competitions. and competitions dont seem to have rules anywhere now that discuss deductions or penalties for music over 2:30. all it says is that routines are limited to 2:30.

so i posted this on my facebook. and someone tells me that you have a 5 second grace period... so technically you can have your music go up til then, just not over. which i dont believe is fundamentally right.

5 seconds is 2 8 counts which gives you enough time to add a double tick tock into your routine

you get this 5 seconds extra just in cas they timed it wrong but if you have a routine that is 2:35 your kind of pushing it because if they get that wrong then your gunna be over the 5 second rule and get a deduction so it really just not worth it

Back