All-Star Ruby Slipper Full Up Grip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We toss under the seat ;-) This grip really made full ups and 1,5 ups easier for my kids.
It takes a while to get used to it, but when they have it, they have it.

Still would love to see a good quality video from different angles from the Ruby Slipper Full up Grip :cloud9:

So, for cross legged, the main has the foot, secondary has ankles (?) and backspot has the seat. Sorry, I know people have been through this but some people think they're talking about the same thing but people have slightly different ways of doing it.

So, for cross legged, the main has the foot, secondary has ankles (?) and backspot has the seat. Sorry, I know people have been through this but some people think they're talking about the same thing but people have slightly different ways of doing it.
The way we do it and what a lot of teams down here do is the cross legged grip where:
main base grabs both toes, secondary base grabs both heels, backspot has under the seat
Each base will dip and keep contact of the foot in their right hand and almost unravel it( I'm not good at explaining). The foot that was closest to you, you'll dip and release and as you are unraveling with the other foot you'll catch the other part of the foot you're missing( main base catches the right heel, side base catches the left toe) Backspot dips from under the seat, pushes up and grabs ankles. I posted a vine of this a view pages back

Hm, not really. The flyer has her legs crossed left over right. Main has the right foot with her right hand fingers facing to her, thumb facing secondary. Other hand under thigh or under the foot whatever works better.
Secondary has left foot with her right hand, finger facing towards her, thumb facing to main.
Other hand under the right foot.
Backspot under the seat.
Hope i explained it understandably.

Here´s the thread:
New Full Up Grip? | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

And here a video:

Not their cleanest one, but you see the bases grip (0:25 min)

Hm, not really. The flyer has her legs crossed left over right. Main has the right foot with her right hand fingers facing to her, thumb facing secondary. Other hand under thigh or under the foot whatever works better.
Secondary has left foot with her right hand, finger facing towards her, thumb facing to main.
Backspot under the seat.

Here´s the thread:

And here a video:

Yesssss! That was the first description I actually followed. Thank you soooo much!

Yesssss! That was the first description I actually followed. Thank you soooo much!

I can´t find the youtube video i learned it from (close up, they did it slow, coach explained) to save my life. Just can´t. So this was the best i could do ;)

Backspot under the seat.

Here´s the thread:

And here a video:

The flyer's twist is so fast and clean, I think I'm starting to fall in love with this grip!

@GreenStorm
@Official OWECheer @canz thank you. I just thought of the question after reading GreenStorms description. I tried it lol. Not on any one. I guess it was more of how it felt to me plus add the weight of someone. Anyway i had an injury with both my thumbs. And every now and then it hurts bad. The pain travels my wrist. So sometimes i can't put my hand/wrist a certain way its painful.

@GreenStorm
@Official OWECheer @canz thank you. I just thought of the question after reading GreenStorms description. I tried it lol. Not on any one. I guess it was more of how it felt to me plus add the weight of someone. Anyway i had an injury with both my thumbs. And every now and then it hurts bad. The pain travels my wrist. So sometimes i can't put my hand/wrist a certain way its painful.
Yikes, sounds painful. Maybe a frontspot could help?

Yup, crossed leg, I throw from the upper thigh, just below the butt. Ruby slipper, I throw from either both ankles, or right ankle and left toe, depending on what is working for the group.

ETA - Sorry, I was way late to this

Back