Rule Enforcement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just love how a pyramid at one competition is legal but at another is not?! This has happened to several people this season. And I have yet to see the covering up enforced...

Any time there is a need for rules interpretation and enforcement, there is potential for human error, as others in this thread have noted. I equate it to speeding. If you drive 90mph one weekend and don't get a ticket, but then get caught doing the same thing the next weekend, it just means you got lucky you didn't get stopped the first weekend, and it doesn't make the officer who issues the ticket the second weekend wrong. On the user end, it might feel frustrating, especially if you're competing against a team that should have had a penalty and did not. But on the event producer side, they are typically making significant efforts to get this piece right (it's not awesome to have to answer for missed penalties). All said- humans are watching and scoring routines, so it isn't perfect. And for those of us who have been in the industry a long time, I am guessing there would be a general agreement that we don't have a perfect system but we have indeed come a long way in improving these kinds of situations over time.

Back