All-Star S/o Release Discussion Re: Worlds Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of parents/kids having power. I KNOW of 2 Worlds bound athletes at a MAJOR bid competition, backstage right before going on the floor, waivers in hand, told the coach sign or we are not competing. It worked. Personally I wouldn't want anyone like that on my team and it would have screwed the other 34 other kids.

It's a shame when an athlete have to resort to this type of tactics and possibly hurt other teammates (by not competing) to get a stubborn gym owner to sign a release.

What about gym B thats gets a kid waliking into their program in Jan. Gym B asks have you been with anyone else this year? Kid lies and says no. Do you realize there is no way for gym B to find out if the kid is telling the truth or not! USASF offers NO way for gyms to get this info. Gym B takes the kid to Worlds and now gym A says I didn't release him and Gym B and every kid at the gym is out of luck for a very long time. This is how out of control this rule is.

It's a shame when an athlete have to resort to this type of tactics and possibly hurt other teammates (by not competing) to get a stubborn gym owner to sign a release.
...Weren't they hurting their former teammates already by doing it in the first place/at a competition?

What about gym B thats gets a kid waliking into their program in Jan. Gym B asks have you been with anyone else this year? Kid lies and says no. Do you realize there is no way for gym B to find out if the kid is telling the truth or not! USASF offers NO way for gyms to get this info. Gym B takes the kid to Worlds and now gym A says I didn't release him and Gym B and every kid at the gym is out of luck for a very long time. This is how out of control this rule is.
...Isn't the kid just as at fault for LYING in the first place? Yeah, the gym might have been wrong (or maybe the kid just left and owed money?)..but in that instance it isn't just the gym owner's fault. The kid lied..

...Isn't the kid just as at fault for LYING in the first place? Yeah, the gym might have been wrong (or maybe the kid just left and owed money?)..but in that instance it isn't just the gym owner's fault. The kid lied..
yes I agree its not the gyms fault but in this case gym b gets all the penaltys and consequences not the kid that lied. It all but ruins gym B

Maybe I have completely missed the answer but did anyone ever answer how the USASF makes sure these signed waivers are legit? How much time does it take them to review each signed waiver to make sure it was actually signed by who was suppose to and not forged?

Can't you check on USASF for ANY kid registered? All level 5 kids have to be credentialed before they can compete for a bid.

We had an athlete once falsify their documentation. We had no idea and another gym alerted us to the athlete had aged out and was 20. When looked into it we did discover the documents were falsified. This was after a competition and we had to call the competition and forfeit the victory (as well as call all the other programs that were in our division and let them know what happened). Can't stop people lying and cheating the system... you can just setup the system to be able to be cheated as little as possible.

Maybe I have completely missed the answer but did anyone ever answer how the USASF makes sure these signed waivers are legit? How much time does it take them to review each signed waiver to make sure it was actually signed by who was suppose to and not forged?

About zero honestly. A believe a waiver is only necessary if someone actually complained.

Can't you check on USASF for ANY kid registered? All level 5 kids have to be credentialed before they can compete for a bid.
No the kid could have competed with level 1-4 they would still need to be released

About zero honestly. A believe a waiver is only necessary if someone actually complained.
So technically an athlete can leave a gym and not have one signed as long as their first gym doesn't care? What happens if an athlete does that and competes at worlds (lets say they even win their division) and someone complains to the USASF that the athlete never had a release signed. What happens then? Do both gyms get in trouble because they never filed a release?
I am asking because I am really interested in how this all goes down as far as things being done the correct way because if there is no appeals process then at least the rule can be explained and have more restrictions added.

No, only the level 5 athletes/ world bound athletes need to be released.
I'm saying that if a kid competed at level 1-4 and now wants to go to worlds they still need to be released and there is no tracking system available to gym B. (does that make sense?) And i'm not sure there is even a tracking system available for those kids that competed at level 5. Can someone verify this?

...Weren't they hurting their former teammates already by doing it in the first place/at a competition?

athlete had been asking for the release for over a month, gym owner kept dodging the issue, so that was his way of getting it signed. was it right NO!!!, do i understand, yeah.

athlete had been asking for the release for over a month, gym owner kept dodging the issue, so that was his way of getting it signed. was it right NO!!!, do i understand, yeah.

does two wrongs make a right?

Back