All-Star S/o Release Discussion Re: Worlds Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He can't, it's his thing... He uses the power of Livi to trick us all into convincing us everything he says is right (which it is 99% of the time).

No one ever asked if I thought this rule in its current form was enforceable.

ok I'll bite, is it?

You all have already pointed out how it can be faked. Whats to stop one gym from faking one... or another gym from signing it THEN claiming at Worlds they never signed it?

You all have already pointed out how it can be faked. Whats to stop one gym from faking one... or another gym from signing it THEN claiming at Worlds they never signed it?
ok gotta ask....if this is true how can you possibly be in favor of this rule?

ok gotta ask....if this is true how can you possibly be in favor of this rule?

because the perception will prevent most gym hopping and the hoops you have to jump through. 99% of gym hopping is bad. and if someone really felt that strongly against it they would test he system in the faults i have mentioned. raise a big stink about it, and the system would adjust. now, they would pretty much black list themselves because what gym wants to deal with an individual who will willingly make political statements, but they would make a point.

and honestly this rule highly helps good businesses. because all decisions need to be made on a year long basis (or is the perception and this rule is even perceived to affect kids all the way down to mini 1... for what reason i have no idea) it means they will choose stronger more solid businesses that look like they will be around all year long.

because the perception will prevent most gym hopping and the hoops you have to jump through. 99% of gym hopping is bad. and if someone really felt that strongly against it they would test he system in the faults i have mentioned. raise a big stink about it, and the system would adjust. now, they would pretty much black list themselves because what gym wants to deal with an individual who will willingly make political statements, but they would make a point.

and honestly this rule highly helps good businesses. because all decisions need to be made on a year long basis (or is the perception and this rule is even perceived to affect kids all the way down to mini 1... for what reason i have no idea) it means they will choose stronger more solid businesses that look like they will be around all year long.
Well looks like we have to agree to disagree again. To have a rule that can't be appealed and can't be enforced just seems ridiculous. This IS NOT the way to get cheer recognized as a real sport.

Well looks like we have to agree to disagree again. To have a rule that can't be appealed and can't be enforced just seems ridiculous. This IS NOT the way to get cheer recognized as a real sport.

But having a rule like this can help get cheer become recognized it is about ironing out the problems. The idea behind the rule is great and is important for the sport, but it isn't perfect yet and that is the next step that needs to be taken. Just bcause it isn't working correctly right now doesn't mean it should be thrown out all together. It is going to take a group of people who can put how to fix it down on paper to get things done.

this one rule on the totem poll of getting cheer recognized as a sport is near the bottom. again safety, universal scoresheets and enforced safety rules, will come before this.

I'm all for the anonimity of this, but it sort of eliminates the possibility of not releasing for unpaid balances.

Not for anonymity purposes. I believe an electronic form is fraud proof (for the most part). Delivered instantly which eliminates snail mail all together. It enables any interested future gym to view and even sign off as new gym electronically.mits always on file digitally at USASF. It'll also be able to track chronic gym hoppers. So if there is a balanced owed, gym A can decline to sign released based on checked off/cited reasons.

Not for anonymity purposes. I believe an electronic form is fraud proof (for the most part). Delivered instantly which eliminates snail mail all together. It enables any interested future gym to view and even sign off as new gym electronically.mits always on file digitally at USASF. It'll also be able to track chronic gym hoppers. So if there is a balanced owed, gym A can decline to sign released based on checked off/cited reasons.

Meaning the USASF is now tracking how has paid and unpaid balances. Guess how many gyms will be up for that?

Completion of the USASF Gym Release Waiver is a required process between the Primary and Secondary gym owners. In the event a formal protest is made, and the official release waiver has not been signed, or if the Secondary Gym is not able to provide one as physical proof to a USASF Official, then the Secondary gym will not be eligible or will be disqualified depending on the time of the formal protest. All USASF Gym Release Waivers must be available at Worlds upon request

Seems cut and dry to me

Meaning the USASF is now tracking how has paid and unpaid balances. Guess how many gyms will be up for that?

No, I don't mean USASF will monitor balances, just be the keeper of the digital forms. Gym A/gym owed the balance will just decline to sign off, citing the reasons on the digital release and it sits there until they do or don't.

Having been reading this thread with a lot of interest I thought I should offer my 2 cents. I should also point out that I am a coach from outside the USA and do not have a level 5 team this year so am no way directly affected by the rule.

I also coach acrobatic gymnastics to FIG (worlds standard) athletes. If a gymnast or partnership of gymnasts wish to join my competition squad and have already competed with another club that year they must bring a signed release from their previous gym or the may not compete with us for 3 months. This rule is only avoidable if the gymnast has competed at a lower level and the are now joining us to compete at a level their previous coach is not currently qualified at.

Last year we had a trio move to us as their previous gym that had lost a lot of gymnasts due to the retirement of one coach and could no longer run as many classes and stay open. They were in training at that time for trying out for European championships in preparation for trying out for worlds which is being held this year in Florida. They had attend two competitions that year with their previous gym and as they refused to release them they were unable to compete with us in time to try out for Europeans. The girls were heart broken that their old coaches would do this but they worked hard for 3 months and although they were unable to attend Europeans they came 2nd at our national finals and made their point. Although it was great for the girls I still have no problem with the 3 month competition ban as I have witnessed how much it has helped cut down gym hopping since its introduction.

Unfortunately one girl had an injury at the first test event for worlds and they have not made the qualification score required for the next stage. We have however got a trio and pair that have been with us for their whole gym lives through to the next round so fingers crossed we get to worlds, all of these girls are also on my senior squad so are wanting to visit a cheer gym while in Florida if they make it lol

Latest posts

Back