All-Star S/o Release Discussion Re: Worlds Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So technically an athlete can leave a gym and not have one signed as long as their first gym doesn't care? What happens if an athlete does that and competes at worlds (lets say they even win their division) and someone complains to the USASF that the athlete never had a release signed. What happens then? Do both gyms get in trouble because they never filed a release?
I am asking because I am really interested in how this all goes down as far as things being done the correct way because if there is no appeals process then at least the rule can be explained and have more restrictions added.

depending on how publicly damaging it was id be interested to see how it went down.

So technically an athlete can leave a gym and not have one signed as long as their first gym doesn't care? What happens if an athlete does that and competes at worlds (lets say they even win their division) and someone complains to the USASF that the athlete never had a release signed. What happens then? Do both gyms get in trouble because they never filed a release?
I am asking because I am really interested in how this all goes down as far as things being done the correct way because if there is no appeals process then at least the rule can be explained and have more restrictions added.

Completion of the USASF Gym Release Waiver is a required process between the Primary and Secondary gym owners. In the event a formal protest is made, and the official release waiver has not been signed, or if the Secondary Gym is not able to provide one as physical proof to a USASF Official, then the Secondary gym will not be eligible or will be disqualified depending on the time of the formal protest. All USASF Gym Release Waivers must be available at Worlds upon request

Completion of the USASF Gym Release Waiver is a required process between the Primary and Secondary gym owners. In the event a formal protest is made, and the official release waiver has not been signed, or if the Secondary Gym is not able to provide one as physical proof to a USASF Official, then the Secondary gym will not be eligible or will be disqualified depending on the time of the formal protest. All USASF Gym Release Waivers must be available at Worlds upon request

She is asking if no one says anything/protests then how does the USASF know? The way that's written assumes the USASF just KNOWS what gym everyone has cheered for.

To ensure the release/waiver process is fair and not fraudulent, can't it be done electronically? Not through email. A form using your membership number where you login, fill out the form, sign it electronically, it then goes to GYM A, who does the same. Then it is stored in USASF's data base for review by Gym B.

I'm all for the anonimity of this, but it sort of eliminates the possibility of not releasing for unpaid balances.

She is asking if no one says anything/protests then how does the USASF know? The way that's written assumes the USASF just KNOWS what gym everyone has cheered for.
I thought that might have been part of the reason that gyms who wanted to compete at worlds HAD to do that athlete registration thing this year? You have the name and number tied to that 'Worlds' athlete and tied to that gym, so it should, hypothetically, be easier to determine who cheered where...

I thought that might have been part of the reason that gyms who wanted to compete at worlds HAD to do that athlete registration thing this year? You have the name and number tied to that 'Worlds' athlete and tied to that gym, so it should, hypothetically, be easier to determine who cheered where...
I wonder if theUSASF is keeping track of this? Sounds like it would take to much time and resources lol

I wonder if theUSASF is keeping track of this? Sounds like it would take to much time and resources lol

now you are starting to understand.

So basically you can forge the waiver, go to Worlds and let the fur fly then. Original gym said they didn't sign, new gym has the waiver thats signed, everyone is saying they are are not lying, and USASF has no control because its just a piece of paper and they have no system in place to follow through with the waivers. Sounds like a good plan to me...

So basically you can forge the waiver, go to Worlds and let the fur fly then. Original gym said they didn't sign, new gym has the waiver thats signed, everyone is saying they are are not lying, and USASF has no control because its just a piece of paper and they have no system in place to follow through with the waivers. Sounds like a good plan to me...

That is what I am getting from it too. If the gym A let an athlete leave for gym B and had no problem with it so no release was signed decided that because gym B beat gym A at worlds they were now going to complain that a release was never signed what happens then? Of what if gym C gets beat by gym B and decideds they want to be big meanies and complain that the athlete from gym B never had a release signed. If the USASF allowed the athlete to compete then could the athlete or gyms involved get in trouble?

If this rule is going to work then I feel there at least needs to be a way to make sure the releases are turned in and checked out, but that will take time just like an appeals process would.

It sounds like if Gym A or C want to make Gym B miserable if they win, they can, even if the waiver is signed or forged. "Because I said so" seems to be the only defense for everyone now.

Can you please change your profile picture? Its really hard to be angry with someone that has such a cute picture. But I'm trying :)

He can't, it's his thing... He uses the power of Livi to trick us all into convincing us everything he says is right (which it is 99% of the time).

You aren't far off.

Back