OT Saddest Movie You've Ever Seen???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The film The Help and the book The Help are one of the few instances where the book and movie are nearly equal.

I also need to add Fruitvale Station and Malcolm X to my list

Also My Girl.

I find Ladder 49 to be so sad that I try to forget it exists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I watched "My Girl" I was in California at my aunt's house as a young teen. My cousin decided to bring her boyfriend and one of his friends over and I was a red faced, swollen glassy eyed mess from crying so hard! Thanks, cuz! LOL

The Lion King
Set It off
Boyz in the Hood
Mississippi Burning
This was the roughest movie I have ever seen, it took me awhile to finish the movie because so many parts were just too much . Titanic can still faithfully make me cry. The scene when the mother just put the kids to sleep as the boat was sinking specifically. Anyone else think that crying is kind of therapeutic and cleansing in a way?

I cry a lot!

Lion King
Hotel Rwanda
Up
Bridge to Terabithia
My Girl
Stepmom
The Color Purple
The Mathew Shepard Story
and I know it's not a movie but I cried like a baby on an recent episode of TWD.

12 Years a Slave.
Bobby.
The Help
Boyz in the Hood
Higher Learning

Boyz in the Hood yes! That and New Jack City just left me so depressed.
The film The Help and the book The Help are one of the few instances where the book and movie are nearly equal.

I also need to add Fruitvale Station and Malcolm X to my list

Also My Girl.

I find Ladder 49 to be so sad that I try to forget it exists

Truthfully, I have had Fruitvale on my watch list for so long, and I can't bring myself to do it. I just can't. I know that's too head-in-the-sand but I just know I can't handle it. [emoji24]

For me, I'll add The Lovely Bones and Precious. Both left me just hollow. Although the books were worse. I read each book in a few hours, and then just sat for another hour, unable to move on with my life. Push was the hardest book I ever read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

This was the roughest movie I have ever seen, it took me awhile to finish the movie because so many parts were just too much . Titanic can still faithfully make me cry. The scene when the mother just put the kids to sleep as the boat was sinking specifically. Anyone else think that crying is kind of therapeutic and cleansing in a way?

I only watched it because it was part of a college assignment. Never again could I bring myself to watch it.

I cry a lot!

Lion King
Hotel Rwanda
Up
Bridge to Terabithia
My Girl
Stepmom
The Color Purple
The Mathew Shepard Story
and I know it's not a movie but I cried like a baby on an recent episode of TWD.

How could I forget Bridge to Terabithia! Also, in 6th grade we read Where the Red Fern Grows, and then had to watch the movie, I had to leave the room because I was crying ...

Hotel Rwanda made me cry hysterically.

Pay it Forward made me cry for so long at the end. I get teary just thinking about it. When everyone came with the candles. I died.

Ugh, I remember Pay It Forward. So sad!

I think the saddest movie I've ever seen was 50 Shades of Grey---the acting was so bad it made me want to jump out of my window and smash my computer to bits.
LMAO! I needed this laugh.

Boyz in the Hood yes! That and New Jack City just left me so depressed.

Truthfully, I have had Fruitvale on my watch list for so long, and I can't bring myself to do it. I just can't. I know that's too head-in-the-sand but I just know I can't handle it. [emoji24]

For me, I'll add The Lovely Bones and Precious. Both left me just hollow. Although the books were worse. I read each book in a few hours, and then just sat for another hour, unable to move on with my life. Push was the hardest book I ever read.

I saw Fruitvale Station by myself when it was theatres and had to wait until other people left because I cried so much. It's sad but honestly it's a beautiful story in the way that they told Oscar Grants last day. It really made you root for him and realized that yes he's had troubles but he was really trying. Anyway. I really recommend you just push yourself to watch

I didn't like The Lovely Bones book or movie. The book was better than the movie but the bar was already so low for me

Push I stopped reading after the second or third chapter. Sapphire is a talented writer and her imagery was too much for me to bear. I could literally smell the struggle while trying to read it. So. Nope.

Precious I didn't necessarily find sad. Just frustrating. I will never watch it again.

I cry so easily at films but the one that made me cry so much that I refused to watch it again is Now Is Good with Jeremy Irvine and Dakota Fanning. I cried at the end of the book but actually watching it was even sadder.

Others include: Remember Me, Marley & Me, My Sister's Keeper, The Notebook, Titanic, The Best of Me, The Fault In Our Stars, the list goes on! :(

I saw Fruitvale Station by myself when it was theatres and had to wait until other people left because I cried so much. It's sad but honestly it's a beautiful story in the way that they told Oscar Grants last day. It really made you root for him and realized that yes he's had troubles but he was really trying. Anyway. I really recommend you just push yourself to watch

I didn't like The Lovely Bones book or movie. The book was better than the movie but the bar was already so low for me

Push I stopped reading after the second or third chapter. Sapphire is a talented writer and her imagery was too much for me to bear. I could literally smell the struggle while trying to read it. So. Nope.

Precious I didn't necessarily find sad. Just frustrating. I will never watch it again.

Yes to Precious/Push. The struggle in the book was just... Ugh. I tell everyone I ever meet who says dumb ish about people (read "black people") needing to just "go to school and make their lives better" to read that book. I know they won't, but it's just eye opening for anyone who doesn't actually get it. The movie didn't convey that nearly as well as the book.

I read the Lovely Bones when my daughter was 13, so I had that perspective. I loved it, even though I was in tears on the first page. Same as Push - the movie didn't get me as deeply as the book.

Fruitvale... I will. I'll come back here and let you know when I do.

I cry during movies all the time. My kids stare at me during sad parts of movies to see if I'm crying and it drives me nuts. "Marley and Me" really had me going, I thought I was going to wake the whole house up with my sobbing. I bawled during "Homeward Bound", "Max" and basically any other animal movie. I watched "Daddy's Home" in the movie theatre last night and cried during it, I may have a problem.

When I first saw TFIOS I thought it was going to be another crappy teen movie. So I saw it on tv one day and decided to watch it while my boyfriend was sleeping in bed next to me. He legitimately woke up because he thought something happened because I was crying so hard.

Yes to Precious/Push. The struggle in the book was just... Ugh. I tell everyone I ever meet who says dumb ish about people (read "black people") needing to just "go to school and make their lives better" to read that book. I know they won't, but it's just eye opening for anyone who doesn't actually get it. The movie didn't convey that nearly as well as the book.

I read the Lovely Bones when my daughter was 13, so I had that perspective. I loved it, even though I was in tears on the first page. Same as Push - the movie didn't get me as deeply as the book.

One of my friends in college was a social work major and I used to read all her textbooks when I went to her room to hang out. (Mainly the psychology and sociology stuff because that's what I'm interested in, even though its not something I'd do with my life.) Push was a required read for one of her classes so of course I read it too and then we watched the movie together. I don't think Precious really got across what Push did. If I didn't actually read Push, I wouldn't have fully understood the main character's struggle or the complexity of her mother. Like I would've gotten it but I wouldn't have gotten it, gotten it. I'm glad I read the book first.

Regardless, the book was very interesting and I enjoyed it - as much as you can enjoy something like that.

The librarian in me is curious as to what you mean by this, and why Push of all novels.

Back