All-Star Save Maryland Acrobatics & Tumbling Program!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is a frustrating situation but it is actually one that I wondered for a while if it would end up happening. When the court case happened about cutting a program at one school for cheer mostly because cheer was cheaper I wondered if any of these schools would come into the problem of the program not bringing enough money into the school to counter the scholarships that they were giving. As it evolved I am sure it would make more and more money, but with the way it is right now it was costing way more then it was bringing in. Kind of like how HPU has in recent years been cutting scholarships for their cheerleaders little by little, it is costing the University with nothing in return.
I truly hope that they can still find a way to cheer and compete with NCATA the way they like to.

Most college sports aren't profitable. According to this article, http://sportsologist.com/college-athletics-by-the-number/, which I'm pretty sure was using 2009 number, the only sports that any university reported as being profitable were football and men's basketball.

I know that most aren't profitable, but with sports that have regular seasons where schools come to their University to watch the event (tickets, concessions, parking, ect) I am sure they make more then the cheerleading program who travels but only has maybe 1 or 2 events at the school a year. Plus with the scholarships I am guessing that they looked at how much they are bringing in compared to the cost of scholarships.

Back