All-Star Save Youth 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO , keeping Y5 alive with restrictions would be great.
A step up from Level 4 A level 5 type transition team for flying and tumbling. It will help them to build better stamina throwing Level 5 skills( minus doubles) with better execution. I've witnessed way too many young cheerleaders who get hurt pushing for that double in a routine. High full twisting layouts are sooo much prettier than seeing someone throw a "near death " double. Keep those youths strong and healthy so we can have some strong Jr and Sr teams in the future.

IMO , keeping Y5 alive with restrictions would be great.
A step up from Level 4 A level 5 type transition team for flying and tumbling. It will help them to build better stamina throwing Level 5 skills( minus doubles) with better execution. I've witnessed way too many young cheerleaders who get hurt pushing for that double in a routine. High full twisting layouts are sooo much prettier than seeing someone throw a "near death " double. Keep those youths strong and healthy so we can have some strong Jr and Sr teams in the future.
The bolded statement, minus the "young", can be said for any level 5 division!!!

I can't vote, but if I could I would say keep Youth 5 but put restrictions on it. I would like to see the tumbling almost like that of Senior Open 5 (Sr. Restricted now). I love watching a really good youth 5 team, but I have noticed that many times they might have the tumbling but everything else is sloppy. If they want to excel and go on to a Junior 5 teams then all areas of the routine need to be perfected not just the tumbling. So I think that more emphasis should be on the teams getting the stunting, jumps, motions, and transitions down pat so that they can go onto Junior 5 looking better then ever.

Exactly..Kingston jokingly says he wants to enslave them but people are offended because I wrote fetus...

If you want to overlook the point I tried to make and instead focus on the minutia, then I guess fetus applies to a Youth cheerleader as much as a cutsie picture of an alien with a pink bow applies to a grown adult.

You can apply the "sloppy" phrase to any level, not just youth 5. A clean gym is generally a clean gym all the way down to youth. A sloppy gym is a sloppy gym. I'm not sure the "sloppy" arguement is applicable when deciding to keep or eliminate youth 5.

cheerfan1234, blame the alien on Kingston, he picked it. Everything is his fault anyway.

You are just one of a long line of many who use fetus in lieu of youth aged cheerleaders or peanut or whatever, so my comment was not so much directed at you per say...more of a general comment.

I am a parent of a child that's been competing Level 5 for 3 years now. I would like to just add the thought that there is more to level 5 than just tumbling. The concentration seems to ne on fulls and double fulls. I have seen many sloppy teams from level 1 to level 6 to be quite honest from minis to seniors. I've seen just as many scary backhandsprings and tucks as just as many fulls and doubles. I think there are many factors into play here. Most teams start out sloppy at the beginning of the season and are very clean by march and April. I ask how many teams have 100% attendance at practice always??? That in itself makes a difference. Hard to practice and become perfect when athletes are missing practice. How many teams actually do multiple fullouts and condition during practice.??? Another point that I'd like to note is the burnout factor. Not sure if that's really an issue when the correct values are taught. I find that the majority of kids quit when parents simply don't get their way or they've discovered boys or hormones have taken over. Those who love it usually just love it. Any sport that is. I wonder if there were lucrative contracts waiting at the end of a cheerleader's career would things be viewed differently.

You can apply the "sloppy" phrase to any level, not just youth 5. A clean gym is generally a clean gym all the way down to youth. A sloppy gym is a sloppy gym. I'm not sure the "sloppy" arguement is applicable when deciding to keep or eliminate youth 5.

Totally agree. Just because some youth 5's are sloppy we should eliminate the division??? So youth 2 teams aren't as clean as sr. 2 teams, should we get rid of this too? Totally not a valid reason to eliminate a division.

And to add, who are we to say that these kids will get tired of level 5 after being level 5 for 8 years or so? We have girls on our sr. team who have been level 5 for that long and they still have the passion for it so it's not fair to speak on anyone's behalf.

Restrict it...sure, eliminate NO!!

While we are at it...SAVE MINI 3 TOO!!!! :-D

Totally agree. Just because some youth 5's are sloppy we should eliminate the division??? So youth 2 teams aren't as clean as sr. 2 teams, should we get rid of this too? Totally not a valid reason to eliminate a division.
New rule proposal for all levels......Any sloppy team will be disqualified for the entire season after their sloppy performance. Sloppiness will no longer be tolerated in Allstar cheer.

New rule proposal for all levels......Any sloppy team will be disqualified for the entire season after their sloppy performance. Sloppiness will no longer be tolerated in Allstar cheer.

I would enjoy that rule

Ok maybe I shouldn't have used the term "sloppy" but instead I should have used the term "scary" because that is what they do to me. Scare me. I'm not saying that there are not teams in other levels that do the same thing, but that isn't what this thread is about. I do not think the division should be eliminated at all but it does need some changes.

I think I heard 2 arguments regarding Youth 5 - Safety and growing the competitive arena. Do you think if the large division drops to 30 would have an impact on increasing the competitive arena. If all things equal talent wise would you drop your 6 based on age and keep them more age appropriate levels?

Restrict not Eliminate Youth 5. Speaking personally, I know this will give my Youth 4 cp a chance to progress in her current skill level to become a strong level 5 athlete somewhere in the future without feeling the immediate pressure to get those doubles etc.

Back