All-Star Scores Vs. Number Of Skills - Nca Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really think this is the first year I've heard so much talk about questionable judging at NCA, across ALL levels.

What allows judges to score in high ranges instead of low or medium is the "loosely" wording applied to the "most" and "majority" wording applied. If judges subjectively decide a pass is more difficult or more than one person per pass and timing, they can score in the higher ranges.

Ok I can see going from an 8.2 to 8.4 because of synch, difficulty etc but to jump up to almost max??? And in this scenario there most definitely was not enough difficulty from these two teams to use that as an excuse for sure. Since low range specifies a low amount of doubles I can see them both placing in the low end of the medium range. But the scores they received were not right based on the scoring guidelines. Not even close.

I really think this is the first year I've heard so much talk about questionable judging at NCA, across ALL levels.

Well I think it stems from the fact that it is impossible for the judges to count accurately or apparently impossible to count at all!! Lol now in stunts it should be a little easier. But this counting skills in tumbling is a joke without video replay and predetermined start values.

Ok I can see going from an 8.2 to 8.4 because of synch, difficulty etc but to jump up to almost max??? And in this scenario there most definitely was not enough difficulty from these two teams to use that as an excuse for sure. Since low range specifies a low amount of doubles I can see them both placing in the low end of the medium range. But the scores they received were not right based on the scoring guidelines. Not even close.
I agree, and that is why worlds has implemented a large high range.

I made a mistake -- Spirit had 17 elite passes. I watched the varsity video which cuts out 30 seconds and assumed it was only the stunt. However that still just puts them one kid over what it takes to get into the medium range...

Possibly the better question is: is this difficult to do and why? if we knew why it was difficult we wouldnt ask for it anymore. But I see the desire for this growing.
What is the difference between counting from zero or deducting from a set number when looking for omissions?

What is the difference between counting from zero or deducting from a set number when looking for omissions?

Because one you are only counting one number and the other you are counting two numbers. Where you start from to confirm it is right and then the number off.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Because one you are only counting one number and the other you are counting two numbers. Where you start from to confirm it is right and then the number off.

This is my point in providing a form before performing with a set skill list. It takes too much effort in the review process.

This is my point in providing a form before performing with a set skill list. It takes too much effort in the review process.

Then how do you verify the form is accurate?

Then how do you verify the form is accurate?

Video replay. If you tell me you have 10 toe fulls in your opening I am going to go back and count them. Takes me 30 seconds to verify everyone is actually spinning. Same with the rest of standing. Give me maybe a minute to verify running. If I know the layout and skills in the routine ahead of time I know what to expect and and the video replay confirms it. Maybe give minor deductions for misrepresentations on the form.

Video replay. If you tell me you have 10 toe fulls in your opening I am going to go back and count them. Takes me 30 seconds to verify everyone is actually spinning. Same with the rest of standing. Give me maybe a minute to verify running. If I know the layout and skills in the routine ahead of time I know what to expect and and the video replay confirms it. Maybe give minor deductions for misrepresentations on the form.

To verify you have ten you have to count there is ten people first, then count twisting.

Or just count how many are twisting to begin with.

A form that says the sections to be scored in order would be good though.

To verify you have ten you have to count there is ten people first, then count twisting.

Or just count how many are twisting to begin with.

A form that says the sections to be scored in order would be good though.

Right. Tell me what your routine layout is in order and tell me what skills are thrown. I can count from there. It might take some time at first but the more u do it the quicker you'll get at it.

If we're not going to find a way to do it right, we might as well go back to the way things were before. Which is basically favorite/cleanest routine wins regardless of skills or difficulty.

Back