Scorpion/needle Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2014
I have a needle, but I can't kick up to a scorpion or needle any tips on how I can kick it up ?

Practice practice practice. Also bridges walking your hands and feet as close together that you can! Those are a few of the things that helped me! Hope it works for you!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not sure if you still need some tips, but if do practice kicking the leg you are doing your needle with in the air as high as you can. Once you feel comfortable/confident with that try swinging your main arm that use to get your needle and twisting it to secure your foot in place. Don't forget to practice when ever you get the chance.

Practice the swing and catch in front of a full length mirror so you can see where your leg is as its flinging up. Also, use something to support yourself (like the back of a chair) while you practice the swing so when you do catch it you won't fall over.

After lots of practice w/ the support and mirror you can eventually move towards doing it by yourself.

My experience is that the kids who are able to just catch their leg in a needle have REALLY good needles, so the more you stretch and perfect your needle the better.

Back