All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader: Season 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Catfish "boyfriend" is officially a girl. Calling it outright. She ends up with Corey 'cause they totally set that up from the beginning by mentioning him like 'OHMYGODLOOKNEWBOY'.

ETA: First step to knowing you're in a problem/abusive situation is when you don't want to tell people, because you're afraid they'll tell you what you already know (that it's a problem).
I saw the trailer for the show and I think that Mr. Creepy is actually the blonde girl from their rival team. Shall we place bets on this one?

They talked in hashtags and said the word "deets" .... :rolleyes:

If they the producer watched Parks and Rec they would know that you're supposed to call them the tails, not the deets, thanks Tom Hagerford.....Hopefully there are some Parks and Recs fans in this thread to understand my reference...

Caved and watched about 5 minutes or so.

The script/word choices for this show = the equivalent of my almost 60 y/o mother trying to use what she considers to be "cool" slang that "the kids" are into.

Found CP watching this earlier today. Ended up staying for an episode. Definitely not the greatest script or acting.
This is one of those shows that with the right cast and perhaps a bit (cough ton cough) of young adult/youth input could actually be worth watching for the under 25 (guesstimate...) crowd and of course, cheerleaders and those whom admire the sport. Perhaps the director should have spoken to some real life cheerleaders and asked them about issues that they find in the sport, or better yet, had a nationwide contest where athletes could submit an essay or script idea and be given some type reward? (I know I wouldn't mind if someone bought new cheer gear for my kids.) At least with a better plot you could forgive some of the other issues...

#doesitpassthebechdeltest?

I saw the trailer for the show and I think that Mr. Creepy is actually the blonde girl from their rival team. Shall we place bets on this one?
That was my first thought. It's her brother or something like that who she uses for the snap chats.

Also, every character has to mean something to the writer. They all have their own specific way of speaking, but it has to still sound natural. Was this ever workshopped/read out loud by people in this age group before they decided to film it? The writing is very 'formal' for what is supposedly casual language. It's very stilted, compared to how teens/milennials speak.

That was my first thought. It's her brother or something like that who she uses for the snap chats.

Also, every character has to mean something to the writer. They all have their own specific way of speaking, but it has to still sound natural. Was this ever workshopped/read out loud by people in this age group before they decided to film it? The writing is very 'formal' for what is supposedly casual language. It's very stilted, compared to how teens/milennials speak.
It's awkward. You can tell that the effort was there to make it sound more "casual" and realistic, but it just comes across and cheesy and forced.

My observations..

during the opening promo for the advertisers it says "audio jungle" which means it is a free version of a background music, audio jungle sells these without the "voiceover" but, this is just a free sample version - at max they cost about $6.00 - so the investment would of been worth it...

turned it off.

It gained some 12,000 views over the course of a week.

Interestingly, Maddie's show only had some 400-700 views per/episode, but the Megan girl who I've never heard of has 29,000 views on her show. Which to me translates to something being off?

Surely, it is much more appealing to advertisers to have higher numbers... so there's that.

CheerChannelNetwork - YouTube

My observations..

during the opening promo for the advertisers it says "audio jungle" which means it is a free version of a background music, audio jungle sells these without the "voiceover" but, this is just a free sample version - at max they cost about $6.00 - so the investment would of been worth it...

turned it off.

Interestingly, Maddie's show only had some 400-700 views per/episode, but the Megan girl who I've never heard of has 29,000 views on her show. Which to me translates to something being off?

Surely, it is much more appealing to advertisers to have higher numbers... so there's that.

You can buy views, followers, and all that jazz on any social media platform. You can usually tell if it was bought or organic by how the numbers grew.

My observations..

turned it off.

Actually Meaghan is HUGE in the cheer community (nearly 100K subs). She doesn't have to buy views.

cheeradvice4you - YouTube

Even though Fierceboarders are very negative towards 'cheerlebs' who are only famous on social media, i have a lot of respect for Meghan she comes across as a very positive role model for the lower levels. She hasn't grown up in a cheer gym and she seems to work hard both in cheer and at school. Seems to be a very respectable person who conducts herself nicely.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back