All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kristenthegreat I am thinking you just somehow missed this. cupieqt and I thought you may enjoy this movie trailer. Please... Enjoy.
Sorry I had skipped the rest of this thread because I had nothing more to add, and you had to go and bring me back :p

First of all- SOUND AND MUSIC EDITING? He's about to tell her all about boys and they bump up the volume on the music track (which is horrible). Did you ever notice how most movie trailers use mostly straight music track, and then if a part uses the singers voice nobody else in the film speaks? It's for a reason. The acting isn't always completely awful, I think it's a bit of writing and editing and choice issues. Like when she talks about 'kicking some cheer butt,' there's not a single hoot or holler- which you would totally do in real life/a movie. I think the lead makes some odd choices, but I can't tell if it's direction, in the script, her own choice, etc.
SECOND-It's sizzle-reel length, which is meant to drum up some additional investment or to submit to festivals, but we don't get a single thread about what the story is. To me, it looks like a badly compiled 'scene highlight' reel, which does NOTHING to showcase the potential it might have. If I were to make ANY type of assessment, I'd want the full movie (which I wouldn't pay for off of that). I'm sure it was fun to shoot, but you always want to have something you're PROUD of. WHO was this editor, because I know a guy or gal who would have probably done it for half the cost and twice as well. Myself included, and I've never edited.

I would say most of these girls (Kiara, Kelsey, Whitney, Maddie) have tons of talent and rightfully so considered "cheerlebrities" but a select few are young and not at the level of the above mentioned girls. It seems these younger girls have people promoting them so much people think they are really talented until you see them in competition and they don't do much in the routine. Too much hype for the younger girls. They need to pay their dues and develop their skills before they are considered "cheerlebrities"
you forgot about Erica. she's 16 which is not that young. and is a MUCH better flyer than Kelsey

I would say most of these girls (Kiara, Kelsey, Whitney, Maddie) have tons of talent and rightfully so considered "cheerlebrities" but a select few are young and not at the level of the above mentioned girls. It seems these younger girls have people promoting them so much people think they are really talented until you see them in competition and they don't do much in the routine. Too much hype for the younger girls. They need to pay their dues and develop their skills before they are considered "cheerlebrities"

But if there weren't younger girls, people would complain that the ages weren't represented. They're all great athletes and admired for a reason. And I'd also like to point out that Gabi and Cami are only a year apart, Bianca is the youngest (I believe a magazine said she was 11 or 12?).

I have not seen Bianca compete but I have seen videos of her saying she started at 7 years old. By the time she was 10, she was doing running doubles, standing fulls, rewind to stretch, double ups (if I can count correctly!), pulling amazing positions, basing level 5 and flying level 6. I was playing with Polly Pockets when I was 10, so yes I would say she is very deserving of her spot. She's obviously worked hard and there is hype around her for a reason.

But if there weren't younger girls, people would complain that the ages weren't represented. They're all great athletes and admired for a reason. And I'd also like to point out that Gabi and Cami are only a year apart, Bianca is the youngest (I believe a magazine said she was 11 or 12?).

I have not seen Bianca compete but I have seen videos of her saying she started at 7 years old. By the time she was 10, she was doing running doubles, standing fulls, rewind to stretch, double ups (if I can count correctly!), pulling amazing positions, basing level 5 and flying level 6. I was playing with Polly Pockets when I was 10, so yes I would say she is very deserving of her spot. She's obviously worked hard and there is hype around her for a reason.
You haven't seen bianca compete? So u havent seen Cali jr mafia compete.? That's as disturbing as that "cheer movie"!

OH HEY- Forgot to mention if you don't know, the reason most actors playing HS age kids are 18+ is because of child actor laws. Actors under 18 have certain shooting restrictions (how long they can be on set, how long they can shoot without breaks, tutoring requirements), and rather than risk dealing with all that, more often than not they just go 18TPY. SOMETIMES you'll get a 16-17 year old in their if they're a Hollywood baby and have their GED or if they need to play YOUNG HS and nobody else looks that way. But that's rare, because some people do. Girl I graduated college with last year looked 10-12. REALLY.

How do you know that there isn't a team involved? These girls are making guest appearances in a show that involves other actors (as far as I know) and judging by the picture above, where they're wearing the SAME uniform, I'm going to go ahead and assume there's a team aspect to this show.
considering the fact that it is a pink "angels" uniform, it still isn't capturing allstar in the right way. if they truly wanted to show what allstar is about, then they would choose a couple of teams and follow them throughout their season until worlds, not create an imaginary team with "cheerlebrities" with a script. sorry.

considering the fact that it is a pink "angels" uniform, it still isn't capturing allstar in the right way. if they truly wanted to show what allstar is about, then they would choose a couple of teams and follow them throughout their season until worlds, not create an imaginary team with "cheerlebrities" with a script. sorry.

I agree, it may not portray all star cheerleading the way it truly is, but (as far as I know) none of us have seen the show yet so I don't think we should just write it off. Also, I think many programs would be hesitant to join a "reality" TV show, you may never know what you're getting yourself into and if it goes sour then the show is with you for a very long time. And producers would probably be hesitant to produce a show where they simply document the teams. Even if you love or hate Dance Moms, the drama keeps people watching and interested. They would be more interested in ratings than the actual teams...

You haven't seen bianca compete? So u havent seen Cali jr mafia compete.? That's as disturbing as that "cheer movie"!

But no, not until today. I'm finishing up the school year and get my two summer jobs in order. Definitely not the most stressful thing, but I like having a social life (and just being lazy for once!) :p I haven't even seen many Worlds videos. I know, I'm so out of the loop!

But they don't want to show what all-star is about. They want to make a cheerleading drama. There are other reality shows about cheerleading in the works.

to clear things up. Bianca is 11, Gabi is 14, Cami is 15, Erica is 16, kelsey is 17, maddie is 18, and whitney is 19. They did not pick these athletes based on skills. Skills will most likely not be shown to there full potentional when they are just gueststarring on a tv show. Im kind of excited although i feel it might be cheesy. But oh well everyone is amazing. I would say Maddie Cami and Gabi are the best flyers. As for the others-best tumblers. Erica-best performer. they have all sortsd of talent i believe. i talked to bianca on facebook. she says that they had no control over what they did in the show. the producers told them what to do, and they had one cheer coach there. They did NOT do stuff to there best ability (as i was told by bianca)

Back