All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree, it may not portray all star cheerleading the way it truly is, but (as far as I know) none of us have seen the show yet so I don't think we should just write it off. Also, I think many programs would be hesitant to join a "reality" TV show, you may never know what you're getting yourself into and if it goes sour then the show is with you for a very long time. And producers would probably be hesitant to produce a show where they simply document the teams. Even if you love or hate Dance Moms, the drama keeps people watching and interested. They would be more interested in ratings than the actual teams...

Yeah, you're right!

It seems to me that these girls that are considered cheerlebrities (besides Gabi and Bianca- both way too young to be considered in this group) have some things in common:
1- All have won cheerleading Worlds
2- All are from major programs
3- All have paid their dues and have been in cheer for many years

Yeah, but my girls adore Gabi. Say her name and my girls and her friends ,who are from Texas, know who she is. They have pictures of her flying and stretching her needle saved on their cell phones and faceboook.

Maybe Gabi is the exception to the rule.
1. Has not won Worlds
2. Not from a major program anymore
3. Has not paid her dues (like Kiara, Maddie, Whitney and Kelsey)
For sure an exception to the rule.

But if there weren't younger girls, people would complain that the ages weren't represented. They're all great athletes and admired for a reason. And I'd also like to point out that Gabi and Cami are only a year apart, Bianca is the youngest (I believe a magazine said she was 11 or 12?).

I have not seen Bianca compete but I have seen videos of her saying she started at 7 years old. By the time she was 10, she was doing running doubles, standing fulls, rewind to stretch, double ups (if I can count correctly!), pulling amazing positions, basing level 5 and flying level 6. I was playing with Polly Pockets when I was 10, so yes I would say she is very deserving of her spot. She's obviously worked hard and there is hype around her for a reason.
She's definitely talented but the hype is there because she's being promoted or else there would be hype around all the youth elite and Twinkles athletes (and countless others) with crazy skills at a young age.
Not everyone's parents want to put their kids out there so considering that she seems to want to be in the limelight I believe she was the best choice and she's pretty :)

1. Has not won Worlds

I could be wrong ,but I believe Gabi is the most flexible of the group. What is extra impressive is, if you look at her before and after stretch pictures you can see she got it through hard work. That is inspiring for a lot of the young flyers.

1. Has not won Worlds
Gabi is still one of the most famous and popular ones in the group. I saw her outside the Milkhouse at Worlds and it was forming a line to take pics with her, lol.

I don't get why people say they're all blond. 4/8 are brunettes??

I also don't get why people would be upset because there are two from CEA and two from Cali. They were chosen by the fans. Orange and F5 doesn't have as well-known cheerleaders ("cheerlebrities") as the girls who are on this show. Neither does Cali Lady Bullets.

Yeah..TG Coed 5 is pretty awful :confused:

Tog Gun not a major program?! Please enlighten me...

Pretty sure as ztaprincess said they are referring to the rumors that she's left top gun (possibly for trinity?). Also not sure how that would make her not a cheerlebrity...but I'm thinking the comment was made more to add fuel to the rumor fire than to say anything about this thread or this show...?

Pretty sure that poster is saying that thinking that it has been confirmed that she is no longer at Top Gun. Even if it is true though, that doesn't make her any less of a "cheerlebrity".
Pretty sure as ztaprincess said they are referring to the rumors that she's left top gun (possibly for trinity?). Also not sure how that would make her not a cheerlebrity...but I'm thinking the comment was made more to add fuel to the rumor fire than to say anything about this thread or this show...?

yes yes yessss... Thank you. I was a little behind in my cheer gossip and have been staying faaaaar away from the Trinity thread. Hope it's just a rumor, though I hate to see rumors about little ones spread like this!

Alright here's my thoughts.... The producers of this "show" picked "entertainers" who they thought would be the most marketable to their targeted audience.. Period. My 9 year old is beyond excited about it, she could care less if there are not enough bases, or black people, or even professional acting.. She just knows that it's a show about cheerleading that has some girls she knows in it. I bet my cp is among hundreds of thousands of adolescents in the targeted audience that feel the same way.

Back