All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Erica and Maddie are so well-dressed and put together (not that the others aren't, I just dig their style) in that picture. I want Erica's shorts.

And Oh that awkward moment where you get a script that's a completely different vibe from what you originally read and you're just thinking ..............................ummmmm. ...What?

I'm dead serious about musical numbers. Add cheesy pop-rock songs and bad Disney-esque choreography to this show, and the watchability quotient increases 10-fold.

I'm dead serious about musical numbers. Add cheesy pop-rock songs and bad Disney-esque choreography to this show, and the watchability quotient increases 10-fold.

They'd make money and cheers image goes back 15 years. Sigh.

They'd make money and cheers image goes back 15 years. Sigh.

The current show is an uninteresting, low-rent, ABC Family knockoff with wooden acting and an incomprehensible story that doesn't do anything to advance cheer.

If you want to attract an audience beyond hardcore fans of the sport, the show has to be appealing. It's not terribly hard to have a show that's entertaining and fun and also highlights cheer as a sport, rather than one that takes itself way too seriously and ends up being pretty boring.

I do think there is something special and interesting about cheer that is translatable to the main stream market. The hard part is very few writers know how cheer works. Look at that video that the German company made about their nationals. No one practices in English in that video.. they all go German! Yet the camera guy was able to capture competitive cheer so well it transcended language. It was interesting, engaging, and fun. CheerChannel is right in seeing an opportunity to make a story from this. Where they got it wrong was in the details and how. I still think the earlier story I wrote on here would have been way more accessible and believable for people for anyone.

So this first season is 6 episodes at 5 minutes each. Maybe that is all they could have afforded shooting wise, but I would have preferred 2 or 3 kick butt longer episodes and an unfinished story than more episodes that possibly all wrap up.

My thoughts (besides the zebra massacre I already posted):
I'm really glad they posted some real cheerleading. The montage with the stunts and the baskets was good..that's all we want producers! (can't remember there user names ;) ).
However, when mean girl told everyone the truth..that was just silly. No coach would ever let team mates talk to eachother like that, let alone then yell at her. It was stupid, and kind of sad actually.

Back