All-Star Self Tanning

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there's also a professional product called FAKE BAKE, you can get it in a lotion, mousse, gel...etc. i have it in a gel, and it's incredible, the second you put it on you already have a darker tone, and it progressively gets darker (about 7 hours or so i think) since it is a professional product, you would probably have a buy it at a salon that carries the line, or maybe online as well.

I was going to say Fake Bake, it's quite popular here in England. You can also get it in as a spray where you spray it onto a mitt that comes with the bottle when you buy it, and then wipe it onto your skin and it comes up instantly so you can see where you have put it on already.

Because I am nearly see-through I'm so white, & I don't ever tan even if the UK were to get sunshine, I use Fruit of the Earth Sunless Tan in Deep Dark:
fruit-of-the-earth-aloe-vera-sunless-self-tanning-cream-deep-dark-3217-p.jpg

I apply 2/3 times before a comp due to me being so pale & it makes me nice & dark without being too orange.
I also sometimes use a very cheap instant mousse tan when I don't have time to do the other & that works well, plus then I can just wash it off & not look patchy afterwards!

I don't fake/real tan (all my tan is incidental sun exposure [and I try to keep it from happening *sigh*]), but the little color I happen to get holds for ages (thank you Italian skin!). Just...go easy on the self tan. Certain hair colors don't work with the fake darker skin tones as nice. A little extra glow that looks like you spent a day frolicking in the sun? Cool. But be careful when you're trying to look like you got a summer's worth of tan in a week..

When I DO use a little extra boost (aka when I have leftovers of the lotion and my face stuff has gone missing), I use the jergens. Maybe I'm weird, but I love the smell.

Seeing that most of ya’ll on this thread use self-tanning lotions, what do ya’ll do around the ankles and wrists so that it isn’t so noticeable that its self-tanner and not real? Cause if you do too much around the wrist and ankles, they turn orange, and then your fingers/back of hand & feet/toes are starch white! Does anybody have any good tips for avoiding pale hands and feet?
I never really have this issue. If I am putting it on my arm, I always start higher and spread from there. I never put a glob near my wrists or elbows. No idea if that makes sense to you but it sounds fantastic in my head.

I never really have this issue. If I am putting it on my arm, I always start higher and spread from there. I never put a glob near my wrists or elbows. No idea if that makes sense to you but it sounds fantastic in my head.
haha, I don’t put a glob around my wrists or elbows, but when i’m rubbing it in on my arms I can’t just stop at my wrist, if you know what I mean? It doesn’t look right, but if I spread it down to my hands, it turns my hands orange and makes it all blotchy! Lol, I don’t know maybe I just have problems!

I used this bronzer from Bath and Body Works and it was great! If you just want a healthy glow it's perfect:)

haha, I don’t put a glob around my wrists or elbows, but when i’m rubbing it in on my arms I can’t just stop at my wrist, if you know what I mean? It doesn’t look right, but if I spread it down to my hands, it turns my hands orange and makes it all blotchy! Lol, I don’t know maybe I just have problems!
Lol. I spread it on my hands and have no problems... I mean, I know some people do the dot, dot, dot all the way down their arms or legs but I put most on top and spread from there. This is hard to explain. Ha, no wonder no one has any good tips on how to apply!!

This brings up a funny story, about 7 years ago I was with my cousin she was like here is some tanning lotion you can use it. So I did and I rubbed it all over and I thought I was looking great. This was back when a lot of people wore capris so I put my capris on and walked all around as we went shopping that day.

Later at night I was walking pass the mirror isle is walmart and thought hmm let's see how good I look!

I was so amazed it look like I had crap rubbed all on the back of my ankles and elbows. Like seriously like someone put mud or something else and rubbed it on me and of course I had sandals on so no way to cover up! I ran to the bathroom to wash it off and it faded slightly but wouldn't come off for days!

Haha anyways so my point is anyone who does that as I'm sure your smarter then me please be careful with those places!!

Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Moisturizer. The foam works really well around the knees/ankles/elbows/knuckles etc. I put it on before bed and have a shower in the morning to get rid of the tan smell

from Bath and Body Works true blue spa Bronzing Self Tanning lotion. i went in there today and i wanted to see if it worked, so i put it on one forearm from the inside of my wrist to about my elbow. within 4 hours that arm was a nice tan no orange at all and you can truly see the difference (i took a picture and you can tell) . plus, it has some shimmer in it so you can use it on the day of your event and get a nice tan glow.

For those that get a spray tan, how many days before the competition do you get it?
My cp is really white...we usually get it the night before we leave for competitions. It last good through the whole weekend unless you get in a chlorine pool.

I've tired ALL self-tanning products... from dishing out $40 each time I went in the spray booth, to using any expensive high-tech product from Sephora, but the BEST product I found (and use religiously) is about $8 from Target/Walmart/Walgreens/etc.

It's by Neutrogena and called the "micro-mist" It's a spray-on that adds 2 or 3 shades to your skin tone depending on which one you buy. It only takes a minute or 2 to dry and you see the results right away. I've been using it since about April and have yet to see a single streak or flaw. Since you spray it on, you never get orange palms or orange between your fingers. It stays on for about a week. I usually apply it once/twice a week when I get out of the shower. It's super cheap so the upkeep is easy and the bottle lasts for a while. Also, it takes about 2 minutes to apply! it would always take me FOREVER to apply any lotion-type!

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&q=neutrogena micromist&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17421868022889471199&sa=X&ei=fhE8Tom0AYXg0QHM_oTbAw&ved=0CEMQ8gIwAQ

Back