All-Star Seriously

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off topic, but another pyramid that kills me is when the high flyers are on the same leg. If you can't get a girl to fly on opposite leg, you've failed as a coach. I see level 5 teams doing it sometimes. Like what?

It's usually done so that a team can have every group from the pyramid double down easily.

If I see one more team put up all their stunts in a line and have all the flyers go up and hold each other and a body position... I'm going to die

It's no longer original/creative/unique
Yes. But none of the following are original/creative/unique either, so, what do you propose is done instead?
I've broken them down into categories for easier navigation:

Stunts: Heel Stretches, Scorpions, Scales, arabesques, bow and arrows, liberties, extensions, full ups, switch ups, tick-tocks, and twisting dismounts.
Jumps: Toe touch, pike, front hurdler, and any combination of hit,hit,hit,hit,hit,pull
Tumbling: Any of it
Baskets: Toe touch, pike, straight ride, straight ride with a full twist, and any variation of a kick full/double
Pyramids: Flipping transitions, 2 1/2 high transitions and any "picture"
Motions: Hi-V, Low-V, T, Touchdown, Jazz hands, Stingray hands, Top Gun/CALI/Spirit of Texas/GT hands, F5 hands, CA Claw Hands, WC arm motions, and claps.
Music: Slow stunt songs, themes, popular top 40 songs, broadway songs, old school rap, Ludacris, Fierce Patrick/JR/Chat voice-overs

Just some food for thought.

Back in the day, before they were made illegal from one girl falling and pulling them all down, every team that could muster up enough extended stunts did "paper-dolls" (extensions, libs, stretches, scales and the arabesque paper-dolls). Rule changes have made them legal again so even though its the "new" thing it's been around long enough to give us old timers deja-vu.

Is that why they're doing them, I saw a ton at Providence this weekend?? I was like wow this is so Northeastern at NCA College Nationals - but from agesss ago.

Back