OT Share Your True Paranormal Experiences

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So I didn't get to finish my post from earlier. The guy I saw in the khaki pants? I had seen him a couple times before. I was a really troubled teen and one night my friends and I had dropped acid. I decided to drive (yeah I know) and stopped on the side of the road to do a 3 point turn. As I am putting it in reverse this guy starts banging on my window yelling "HEY HEY HEY!!" I slammed on the brakes just in time as one of my friends runs behind my jeep. If "he" had not done that I would have run her over. The other friends in the car did not see him.
Then in college in Buffalo I saw him again. I was at a bar and lost my glasses, I am legally blind without them. My friends had decided to leave me there and headed back to campus. Then it started to rain. So here I am in downtown Buffalo, alone, in the rain, blind....same guy comes up to me and says "You have to go home now." There was a cab full of students going back and he points to it and says "go home now." So I got in the cab and it took me straight to my dorms.
Same guy...when I was getting ready to go into emergency surgery with my 2nd child (Phoebe) they were rushing me down the hall on the bed and he was standing in the hall. Didn't say anything but smiled and waved mouthing "it's all okay."
Then I saw him on the freeway.
My mom is a hippy and took me to a psychic when I was a baby to get me read. She said I am lightening rod for stuff like this. I've never had scary or bad experiences, but it still freaks you out!

I have a few, and I apologize in advance for the long post.

My father was a huge Yankees fan (all of us are). Not long before he passed away (dissection of carotid artery which caused a stroke, which caused brain death) we had a conversation about who he would want to see win the Series if it wasn't the Yankees, and he said the Cubs. Fast forward to right after his death, both the Yankees and Cubs were in the playoffs. I had turned off the Cubs game and went to sleep intent on checking the scores in the morning, but in the middle of the night I was woken by a voice telling me what the final score/outcome of the game was. I literally sat up in bed and said "What?". Again, I heard the voice telling me the score/outcome. When I woke up the next morning, the score was exactly what I had heard in the middle of the night. Same thing happened for the next game. I couldn't tell you that it was my father's voice, but I have no other explanation for it.

Approximately 2 weeks later, I woke up to my father walking into my room. He sat down on my bed and held me while I cried. He told me he loved me and would always be with me. He sat there a long time just holding me. Last thing he said was he had to go see my mother and he left the room. I woke up the next morning, with tears still in my eyes, in the exact spot on my bed we had sat together. I got up for work and went downstairs. My mother proceeded to tell me that my father had come to visit her that night as well, which I had already known about. It's one of the most precious moments.

Fast forward a few years later. My mother and I went to go see the medium, Jon Edwards. While we didn't get a reading, he had told everyone in the room that the medium he sends his family to was coming to the area and we could buy tickets for a semi private reading. My mother and I went to go see the second medium. The day of, I talked to my dad all day. I kept telling him that I would know it was truly him if he mentioned something about cardinals (my father's favorite bird, and since his death we've had a ton of them living in our yard). We got a LONG reading. 99% of what was told to us, was something we knew about, and about half of it had happened after my father's death. The medium moved on to another family, when he suddenly stopped his reading, turned and looked at me (sitting on other side of the room) and asked me point blank, "What is with the cardinal?".

More recently, I lost my grandfather in December, very suddenly. He was a firefighter for 55 years, and extremely proud of it. He passed away on the Friday night before our first competition (Sunday). On Sunday, I was in the first warmup, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the fire alarms start going off, and then just randomly stop. I didn't think anything of it at the time. In the days leading up to the funeral, my family was all talking. Turns out that my brother and sister in law had their smoke detector go off in the middle of the night (no smoke, fresh batteries) for no reason and then randomly stop. My cousin and his wife had the exact same thing happen to them. All of this happened late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. At the funeral home, after we grandchildren said our final goodbye's we were waiting in a side room for our parents and Grandmother to finish theirs. All of sudden, the smoke detectors started going off, again for no reason. They stopped after we left for the funeral procession.
When you say you talked to your dad, was he vocally responding?

My college roommate was obsessed with Ghost Adventures, that's what we watched every Thursday night. I would never get any sleep those nights, that show scared the crap out of me. I do get scared very easily though.

One of my favorites!! I've seen every episode

When you say you talked to your dad, was he vocally responding?
Which time? When he visited me shortly after he died, yes. When I was talking to him before seeing the medium, no...that was just me talking to him telling him what I wanted to hear that night. But I talk to my dad all the time....sometimes I'll get the smell of his cologne in response.

Which time? When he visited me shortly after he died, yes. When I was talking to him before seeing the medium, no...that was just me talking to him telling him what I wanted to hear that night. But I talk to my dad all the time....sometimes I'll get the smell of his cologne in response.
I love that.

Back