Shoe Bands?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
Hey! So I'm at the gym 6 times a week (I know, I'm insane) and my practice shoes have literally gotten so worn out that the bottom of them are flat and have no traction at all any more (I guess that's what I get for doing turns in them all the time XD).
Anyways, I can't afford new shoes. It's just not an option unfortunately.
So does anyone know where I can get those rubber band things that the girls on this video are wearing on their feet? Looks like a cheap alternative to new shoes to me :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adiG-rrmdqI

Bumping because 1. A girl on that team told me they're to keep her laces tied and it's just a regular rubber band like one of those livestrong bracelets :)
2. I've never actually tried it, but using them just sounds weird... Can anyone who uses those or anything else show pictures/explain what they use?

Bumping because 1. A girl on that team told me they're to keep her laces tied and it's just a regular rubber band like one of those livestrong bracelets :)
2. I've never actually tried it, but using them just sounds weird... Can anyone who uses those or anything else show pictures/explain what they use?
a long time ago, Premier Great Whites used them. They told me it was to keep their shoelaces in place.

I've worn and based them in the past, actually for a couple of years. They're to keep your laces tied and out of the bases' way. They work well for that, but they wrap around the arch area so they won't help you with traction. Never even realized they were used by soccer players...

my s4 flyer last year put a plain 'ole rubber bracelet around her shoe to hold her laces in place. It also had a bible verse on it so it served as inspiration everytime we looked a her foot as we loaded for a stunt :)

Lol this thread made me laugh. When my daughter first started cheering she was 5. One day she sat in the house and randomly put those little rubber wrist band around her shoes. To give them some "color" and make them "pretty" she decided it would be cool if she left them on there. No one at our gym did that so I knew she never seen it. It's just something she did for quite a while lol

Sorry I don't have a pic but I knew she had them on in the first video I ever made her so I just took a screen shot from the video and now I feel like she started a trend. JK lol

a6937b8f-c803-f741.jpg

Eta: omg that pic is so old her legs look so weird in that pic. They have been all muscly and toned for a while that I forget that's not what they use to look like... Lol

Back