All-Star Shooting Stars

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This was unneccesary. So they had a bad day or two- they are still a great team and deserve a lot of respect. I am sure those girls work really hard - they will get it together; encouragement would be great - digs about a placement for a competition a few weeks ago just isnt necessary.

I hope you are not calling my post rude...but that you are calling the post that i CALLED rude rude. Just making sure.
rolleyes.png

Check it out, a movie about world cup shooting stars at jamfest!

I actually thought this was kind of funny. Keep it light people. :)
Stars, I assume, will have no problem taking what didnt work here and making it flawless on the worlds stage. If its broke, theyll fix it.

i used to like stars but it seems now a days there is no "team bonding" there. All of them are in competition of one another and there's no unity. All i hear is that their going to be making but a lot of changes but if they cant hit these stunts theyve been working with the last couple months.. how are they going to hit different ones?

..have you cheered at world cup? or are you on stars? because if you answered no to either of those you probably should not say things liek that..

regardless of whether the stunt is basically the same as 09, which it's not, I love them. Just saying.

You know what? I have seen nothing but support from other teams at competitions. When we had the bad day in rhode island, I was walking with my daughter and so many people came up to her and hugged her and said things like, "you guys had a bad day. It's ok... Next time" I was so impressed by the show of support by other teams. Nobody wants to see that happen. Because we ALL know that on any given Sunday, anyone can have one of those days. Yes, heard a few catty comments, but VERY few. We should, however be able to shake it off and lighten up. Thank you to all of those who believe in us, and even those who don't, but know how to show compassion. Here's to the rest of the season! <3

In some levels, you have to do certain skills. For example in level 5, you have to do full ups, tick tocks, express ups, etc. There isn't wide varirity of skills you can choose from, so most of the time your creativity comes from your transitions.

IF the team isn't as close (and since I don't know the situation fully and this comment is based off of things posted here etc) and to reiterate in bold caps so nobody will *hopefully* misunderstand me, IF IF IF the team isn't as close as previous years, that could very well subconsciously affect the other skills. Think about it- when you're at the top of your game with a well-gelled team, even if you hit a rough patch here and there, you can stick it out well-because you know 110% of your team is behind you to lift you back up. YOU KNOW the extent of your skills and your chances. But coming back after 3 consecutive wins and finally a loss to a team with a HUGE fanbase/popularity, that's a hard dig. It's REALLY hard to catch a repeat win, it's even HARDER to claw your way back up after a loss. Since so much of cheerleading is based off of trust and athletic seamlessness, the team unit is a HUGE deal. Even if they're not 'fighting each other with spiked bats', that constant uncertainty could very well be what's tripping them up. Do I doubt stars' skills? Absolutely not. Even if they had 1/3 of the skills they had previously, they'd be one heck of a team. But don't underestimate that little negative nancy in your ear when you're fighting your way back up-she can be a killer. I've been on teams with AWESOME skill, but we had sour grapes and it completly killed our chances. No matter WHAT sport it is.

Its crazy how people say "Well they won worlds with it in 2009" but if this were a CEA thread, people would jump on it "Im over tick tocks"

I was so thinking this exact thing.. I'm gonna ignore this thread - because, Kyle's exactly right - when CEA Showcase videos came out - it was BIGGGGGGG Deal that "it was the same".... meh, whatever.

I was so thinking this exact thing.. I'm gonna ignore this thread - because, Kyle's exactly right - when CEA Showcase videos came out - it was BIGGGGGGG Deal that "it was the same".... meh, whatever.

Back