All-Star Short Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 8, 2013
I have always had long hair and I'm finally going short! But I have no clue how I will do my hair for practice! Any ideas (with pictures if you can)? My hair is going to be this length.

JennyMcCarthy.MichaelBuckner.jpg

I have short hair like that, I put it half up half down , with a bow in my hair. :)

I usually do my hair Half up Half down.. or use a thick headband that has that rubbery material on the inside so it doesn't slide off too easily at practice and it stays out of my face for the most part.

my hair has that length too. i put it half up, headband or pull it back with some clips.
for competitions i used a clip-in ponytail.

Maison Baker has that same haircut..... just do a half-up half-down bob look.

There's also a bit of a stereotype that girls with bobs are really good cheerleaders (Smo Twins, Dee Temples, Maddie G (for a while), Kiara Nowlin (kind of)).

I've had short hair my entire cheer career and have gotten VERY good at getting it out of my face lol.
14778_587681077914258_1672945142_n.jpg

Usually I just braided the whole top half back. It holds your bangs and stuff in and is just easy.

284373_524591990889834_2131823380_n.jpg

If your hair is even too short for that you can always just head band it! I liked to wear bows still so I would wear a Under Armour headband with the kinda sticky back and just tie a ribbon over top of it because with out the headband the bow falls out!

Other times I would just do a poof or straight half up ponytail.

Sorry the pics are so big!!

When my hair was shorter I would braid back the front part and leave it down. I would usually bring a hair tie and try and do a baby ponytail if my hair was getting in the way or was getting all sweaty. I had that exact haircut, it's very cute!

Half up with a bow is how CP wore it until it was long enough to do a full pony.

If you want to change it up from half up half down you might be able to take a section of hair near the front of your face and twist back then pin to the sides of your head. Then repeat on the other side. And if just picking up one section isn't enough you could treat it like a french braid and pick up new pieces every time you twist back if that makes sense? If you have a deep side part you might be able to get away with just twisting one side, you could even just do a french braid to the side. I have long hair but I do this all the time for a similar effect to half up half down, sometime I think the mini ponytail can look a little awkward.

Back