All-Star Should Usasf Limit Bids/people?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This time, the top 10 Finalists in not one, but two divisions, Lrg Coed & Small Sr, were scheduled to IMMEDIATELY follow Lrg Sr. Did they really believe this wouldn't cause mass chaos?! The only divisions that should have been scheduled right after Large Sr were the International divisions. The crowd would have loosened up substantially during lower level teams ranked 20th-30th from other countries. It would also helped to have Med Sr running simultaneously in Jostens while Large Sr was on. Isn't this all kind of common sense?

Exactly, the way things were scheduled made the problem way worse then it should have been. I really think the USASF didn't want to make people mad so they made it where you had a better chance of being able to see all the divisions. That idea needs to go out the window and instead they need to look at how to make what they have work. Something needs to be done with the venue, but what happened this past weekend could have been avoided had they used common sense while putting together the schedule.

There is nothing that the USASF can do that will significantly improve the problem if they still have the event at the WWS. Period. 15,000 people won't fit into 5,000 seats. (much less 1,500 "good" seats)

You can try to come up with various schemes to trick/force people into leaving the Field House, but ultimately there simply isn't enough room there for the event. The venue is stifling the growth and popularity of the event and the sport.

To everyone who says they love the "intimacy" (overcrowding) of the Milk House, I would give that up in a heartbeat to be able to safely warm up the teams and to have parents and athletes be able to enjoy their teams' performances.

I am afraid that moving Worlds to somewhere that doesn't have a theme park of some kind or a big tourist spot is going to make some international teams not go. Many of them use Worlds as an actual vacation so spending all of that money to come here and compete in Atlanta may not look that good to them. I think that worlds needs a new venue, but it can't be just any place. A lot of thought needs to go into this. Someone mentioned Vegas, and as much as that worries me with the way athletes act already on Sunday night of worlds, I think the international teams would still be able to enjoy a vacation there.

There is always the Amway Center in Orlando a few miles up I4 for the actual competition.
Yeah I am acutally wondering if the USASF could work something out with Disney and the other arena so that they could keep their Disney packages for the hotel and park passes but allow the competition to be held off property. If they could that would be great. That way they still had the resorts but had the space needed for the competition. Heck if they say with that no ESPN then fine contract CBS Sports they do way better coverage anyway.

I am afraid that moving Worlds to somewhere that doesn't have a theme park of some kind or a big tourist spot is going to make some international teams not go. Many of them use Worlds as an actual vacation so spending all of that money to come here and compete in Atlanta may not look that good to them. I think that worlds needs a new venue, but it can't be just any place. A lot of thought needs to go into this. Someone mentioned Vegas, and as much as that worries me with the way athletes act already on Sunday night of worlds, I think the international teams would still be able to enjoy a vacation there.

Disney World is not the only vacation spot in the entire country. Moving it to a different place may also encourage more people to go multiple times if they have already had their fill of Mickey.

I am perhaps biased because I view Worlds to be about the event itself first and foremost. It is a competition, not a vacation. While we certainly shouldn't ignore finding things for athletes and families to do in their "spare" time, that is NOT the primary purpose of the World Championship, IMO.

You would also save a tremendous amount of money by not requiring hopper passes for everyone. This could make the event more affordable and perhaps allow teams to go who could otherwise not afford it. (Or the teams that really want a vacation can use the money they save to go somewhere of their choosing.)

As mentioned before, Vegas has a much better handle on their "scene" at the hotel than Disney does. Example: I doubt that a cancelled party in Vegas and some bored teenagers would lead to police choppers being called in to break it up.

Vegas may be the only other place that would have enough hotels and support staff but I do not think "Sin City" would help with the other concerns that were brought up.

Maybe now they'll stop giving out at large bids like cough drops during cold season!

Please. At large bid numbers have not increased and, in fact, have actually decreased since the ratio reduction 4 years ago. This issue is getting tiresome.
I think AL bids should be decreased, or the standard for receiving them should go up. That's all.

1. THE MILKHOUSE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH!
2. Having Friday as the first comp day, with approx 100 teams (guessing), and only 10 of each division going through. Then Saturday, only 10 teams went through. It left all those athletes with nothing to do but go to a park or go to the competition on Sunday. What did they expect? You don't make it to prelims or finals so you call it day and not go to the competition? None of these teams no longer needed to practice for Sat or Sun so they were free to do whatever they want.

It sounds like after the cut of 100's of teams to only send 10 through to finals in each division, Worlds became CHEERLEADERS GONE WILD!

I'm thinking this "new and improved" method of making it to finals will be changed for 2013 Worlds.

1st off, I was in the stupid baseball field when the screen went black and we had to listen to the cheering from inside HP. Then they weren't going to fix it so we had to rush to see F5 and there were about 300 people crowded around a 14 inch tv. -__-
We are just aggravated that Disney continued to sell the tickets even when they knew people were standing outside and in overflow seats. Like, really?
Also, while we were waiting in the never ending line to get into HP (-__-), there was a guy from Kentucky Elite who was telling us how there were so many teams with full paid bids in his division that didn't get through to finals. I feel like giving out SO many bid is just a way for disney to get a lot more money. Personally, I think they should make getting a bid a little more complicated, such as what they did for All levels and US Finals this year. JMO.
OH, and I missed Stars, and the beginning of the next division while waiting in the stinkin' line. UGH :banghead:

Take it out of Disney, less teams will come (just for the "experience of performing" at Worlds)".

Don't believe this for a minute unless you put a tent up in Death Valley in July! No one was interested in going to the parks this weekend. People are there to watch whether not they have some one performing or not.

Back