All-Star Show Your Bows 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, the tail-less bow is a cheer fashion trend I can get behind big time! I hope more gyms consider switching to it.

CP got this to wear this weekend; it's her practice bow. I've seen their competition bow, but we haven't gotten them yet.
12241559_10153086544511682_7983819813813548355_n.jpg
Practice bows seem to be getting glitzier lately.

Practice bows seem to be getting glitzier lately.
Do we really need practice bows? Bows are optional at our practice, I tried once or twice to wear one, but it got in the way, had to keep fixing the bow, had to keep untangling my hair and in general it was just annoying.

Bows are for looking good, but do we need to look good just to practice?

Do we really need practice bows? Bows are optional at our practice, I tried once or twice to wear one, but it got in the way, had to keep fixing the bow, had to keep untangling my hair and in general it was just annoying.

I like practice bows. Simple ones. The more you match as a team, the better.

The girls are required to wear bows at our gym. It's for many reasons, one of them being uniformity. They are required to wear a bow and lip color. There is something about putting in that little bit of extra oomph that can get some kids in the right frame of mind for practice. Also, many of the reasons you mentioned that you don't like wearing bows at practice is the reason you SHOULD wear a bow. You need to know how to snap your ponytail when you finish tumbling so that your hair doesn't get stuck in your bow when you compete. You need to know if your bow hurts when you do a certain move so that you can either adjust it or just learn to suck it up. It's better to figure those things out at practice than have problems at your first comp in my opinion.

The girls are required to wear bows at our gym. It's for many reasons, one of them being uniformity. They are required to wear a bow and lip color. There is something about putting in that little bit of extra oomph that can get some kids in the right frame of mind for practice. Also, many of the reasons you mentioned that you don't like wearing bows at practice is the reason you SHOULD wear a bow. You need to know how to snap your ponytail when you finish tumbling so that your hair doesn't get stuck in your bow when you compete. You need to know if your bow hurts when you do a certain move so that you can either adjust it or just learn to suck it up. It's better to figure those things out at practice than have problems at your first comp in my opinion.
I was about to say that as well. Think of every practice as a dress rehearsal. If you never wear a bow during practice and then all of the sudden there's extra weight on your head and it feels different, it could throw you off for the whole performance.

It's also good practice for when you begin working. When an employer asks you to wear your hair a certain way, tuck your shirt in, fold your collar, wear a certain colored pair of shoes, etc., THEY MEAN IT. It's about professionalism and following directions.

It's why I'm a huge fan of things like practice wear and kids wearing uniforms to school. It prepares them for that.

While I'm glad we don't have to wear bows at practice (getting all this hair up high enough is the bane of my cheer existence), it probably would cut down on the lost practice time of everyone else re-doing their pony after every run through cos it's fallen out. I don't know why everyone doesn't just double/triple elastic like I do

Back