OT show your bows :D

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
FINALLY FINISHED! I made 30 of these, one for each girl with whichever their main position is on the team.
8186795300_0705d52c04_m.jpg
8186800086_01738e2607_m.jpg
8186805228_1e17cd5cd9_m.jpg

Being a bow maker is my full time job and I have a staff of 1 full time person and 2 part-time people. It is very frustrating because people do not give us very much notice at all when it comes to ordering. I will get calls to make 125 bows in less than a week. I get individual orders from my site also. Coaches need to give more notice if they want them done in a respectable amount of time.

Being a bow maker is my full time job and I have a staff of 1 full time person and 2 part-time people. It is very frustrating because people do not give us very much notice at all when it comes to ordering. I will get calls to make 125 bows in less than a week. I get individual orders from my site also. Coaches need to give more notice if they want them done in a respectable amount of time.
AMEN.

I would have added this to my last post but my internet is being a pain and wont open the edit box.
Was wondering how you do your lettering? (Alia, G)

For the Alia those are stickers that I glued on.... for the G I printed it out on the computer, then ironed a sheet of heat transfer to the navy fabric, then traced the G on the paper backing and cut them out then ironed them to the ribbon.

This is Yella Ribbon bow but I have a question.
How does she put those rhinestone on bow? One by one or is there any trick to put them all together?

405103_464664266905182_1849191114_n.jpg

How does she put those rhinestone on bow? One by one or is there any trick to put them all together?

405103_464664266905182_1849191114_n.jpg
there's no way she's doing them one by one. I'm not 100% sure of her method, but there's machines that you can make your own rhinestone templates with, and I'm sure that's what's being used.

My mom's sewing store has a machine where you can create a design and the printed out sheet has holes in it where you put the rhinestones and then just iron it on and VOILA, the rhinestones are applied. It's still time consuming though cause you have to use tweezers to put the stones in place. For straight lines (similar to the picture but not as complex) I usually buy pre-made iron on strips and apply them that way.

What others have said or using Hotfix Transfer Sheets. You basically place the rhinestones how you want, lay the Hotfix Transfer over it (so the color side sticks), place on ribbon and iron. Keeps them in place while ironing so no get out of place.

I also know people you use heat applicators for rhinestones, it's basically like a little heat gun iron that has attachments for the different sizes and you iron each rhinestone individually

Back