All-Star Silly Cheer Bow Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

really why wear bows at all? aside from tradition, there is no purpose.

I mean why wear unis? We might aswell just go in shorts and a vest top. We've got to have something to make it a bit more fun and pamper ourselves. As I told my dad this weekend, I would still do it if we were in shorts and vests, and just a pony, but it sure as heck is amazingly fun to get to doll up and feel extra cute/nice/sassy. It's all part of the look.

Now this, this is something even I wouldn't do!

I get my mum to do a college kind of hair, half up half down on the back of your head, and then wear one of my bows. I love it! Though I can't see her in it with a high pony or crazy cheer hair, that would be too much haha! (Sorry for the double post oops!)

th
th
th
th
th
The cheer bow/hair progression over the years. Lol, I love the bows but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kind of frightened to see what's next :p

So fun fact, I was in Wal*Mart today grabbing art supplies for CP's Weiner-dog Halloween project and what did I find? A design your own bow section complete with cheer sized bows in solid colors surrounded by stuff to spice them up, bags and car flags, AND AND the best part---POM POMS!!!! I legit had to stop myself from buying CP's colors for competitions but I don't wanna be that mom...

However, my point, is that in our area and from what I've seen at my girl's schools, the cheer bow style has extended beyond cheer. A lot of her friends have similar bows and she's the only cheerleader.

So fun fact, I was in Wal*Mart today grabbing art supplies for CP's Weiner-dog Halloween project and what did I find? A design your own bow section complete with cheer sized bows in solid colors surrounded by stuff to spice them up, bags and car flags, AND AND the best part---POM POMS!!!! I legit had to stop myself from buying CP's colors for competitions but I don't wanna be that mom...

However, my point, is that in our area and from what I've seen at my girl's schools, the cheer bow style has extended beyond cheer. A lot of her friends have similar bows and she's the only cheerleader.

I'm just a small company, and even I've made them for everything from cheer to FFA. Soccer, volleyball, softball, track, etc etc. CRAZY!

Cp's softball friend would come over before her games and pick out a bow to wear. When I gave her grief over wearing a cheer bow, she told me in girls sports (around here) it is a declaration of which gender you're attracted to.:rolleyes: I, personally, just believe all girls secretly enjoy wearing big bows. What says "Look at me!" better than a bow twice the size of your head?! ......... I just noticed the emojis need bows.

I'm kinda sad I only spent 1 year in allstar and never had the time to amass a small collection. Some of the ones on here are just so pretty..

Even back when I was in HS it crossed to other sports/teams. Or at least, they'd all do their hair in a similar way on game day. (volleyball, softball, even basketball had a certain style thing going) Not always bows but some teams did something small (ribbon).

Cp's softball friend would come over before her games and pick out a bow to wear. When I gave her grief over wearing a cheer bow, she told me in girls sports (around here) it is a declaration of which gender you're attracted to.:rolleyes: I, personally, just believe all girls secretly enjoy wearing big bows. What says "Look at me!" better than a bow twice the size of your head?! ......... I just noticed the emojis need bows.

LOL. My friend's daughter won't play college softball without her bow. For the exact reason you stated.

Volleyball team at my middle school always wore tiny ribbon bows with our school colors and polka dots. (think 2008 or so cheer bows)

Cp started AS in Kindergarten, right about the time when she began fighting me about "being too big to wear hair bows, hair bows are for babies!" (Yes, I am that southern mama who attached a bow to her bob from the minute she had a few strands, perhaps earlier, my mantra was "establish the bow early" lol!) Anyway, when the gym she tumbled at started doing cheer teams & I found out that an integral part of the uni was a HUGE, glorious bow...well, that sold me! Bring on the AS cheer! :D

Latest posts

Back