Single Based Extensions (aacca)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2011
I know that I need a spotter for any single-based stunts, and that when they go to extension the spotter "may not support under the heel or sole of the top person’s foot in a single based extended stunt. They may hold at the ankle of the top person and/or the wrist of the base or any combination thereof."

So to clarify, (just because I'm worried I'm reading this wrong...) my spotter cannot have one hand underneath the flyer's shoe and the other one on the heel, correct? The spotter cannot hold any part of the flyer's shoe as that would be considered providing primary support? The way we've always done it is have the spotter go to the back and stay on ankles, but since my Senior 3's have been staying on the side and assisting as a "base" with great results, I thought I'd clarify... I was watching HS cheer videos and noticed in some two-mans the "spotter" stayed on the side of the base, but can't get a clear enough view of the grip. Thoughts? Opinions on what's worked for you/your team?

Are you asking for HS or for allstar? For allstar I believe it's legal for the spotter to have one hand on ankle and one on the foot.

Back