All-Star Small Senior World Champions 2012???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It could have been I just always thought it was a standing double that just didn't make it all the way around. It still would be counted as something since it was more then a single spin.
I know a few people that twist too much in standing fulls and land a little past 1 twist.

I would give her credit for doing a 1.5. I wouldn't consider it a double by any stretch of the imagination. Unless we bring back the term from the old days of "shooting star double".

For everyone saying 'Just throw it', tell that to Rebecca Bross. I can't imagine the kind of pain that it takes to make that girl scream and cry..all that risk for a .01? Only if it was an exhibition and it was 1010% consistent. I like my knee caps how they are thanks.. :(

Thats my point. The risk is not throwing it that day at competition. The risk is while working that skill to get it consistent is not worth the .01. It is a difficult skill to accomplish and takes alot of hard work and alot of incorrect landings. There is a team that still needs the rest of your skills you have to offer and for that .01 boost in scoring you can get it elsewhere doing something safer. JMO

For everyone saying 'Just throw it', tell that to Rebecca Bross. I can't imagine the kind of pain that it takes to make that girl scream and cry..all that risk for a .01? Only if it was an exhibition and it was 1010% consistent. I like my knee caps how they are thanks.. :(

But what if that is the 0.01 between silver and a worlds title?

"There is no reward in life without risks"

As soon as one female lands a standing double in competition others will follow. We were made to believe that is was going to happen last yr but didnt. Looking forward to finally seeing it this yr.

I agree with the poster who said what if that 0.01 is the difference between 1st and 2nd at worlds, we know small senior is gonna be SO CLOSE this year. I say if she has it consistently, then let her throw it. It's funny to hear all of these negative responses to Angel throwing a standing double, when there was so much positive feedback for cali last year when they were going to attempt the same thing. No way do I want Angel to get hurt, but she seems to have a lot of confidence in that standing double and is proud (as she should be) would it really hurt to let her throw it at one competition to see how it goes? (BUTBT) i think not.

I agree with the poster who said what if that 0.01 is the difference between 1st and 2nd at worlds, we know small senior is gonna be SO CLOSE this year. I say if she has it consistently, then let her throw it. It's funny to hear all of these negative responses to Angel throwing a standing double, when there was so much positive feedback for cali last year when they were going to attempt the same thing. No way do I want Angel to get hurt, but she seems to have a lot of confidence in that standing double and is proud (as she should be) would it really hurt to let her throw it at one competition to see how it goes? (BUTBT) i think not.

I didn't know Angel had or is going to throw a standing double. My comments have nothing to do with her or any individual. I will say that I would expect her and/or Kiara to be able to achieve that skill consistantly because they are trained much different than the average cheerleader. They are power tumblers and with that comes alot more training and conditioning.

I didn't know Angel had or is going to throw a standing double. My comments have nothing to do with her or any individual. I will say that I would expect her and/or Kiara to be able to achieve that skill consistantly because they are trained much different than the average cheerleader. They are power tumblers and with that comes alot more training and conditioning.
i have no idea if angel will be throwing the skill or not, theres a video she posted on her twitter and facebook of her doing a standing double so she does have one, the question is will she throw it at competition? I hope she does, at least once.

We all understand theres risks but isn't that whats made this sport what it is? No one really remembers the safe boring routines. Part of the reason I love Top Gun, among being the first all star team i watch, seeing Santwon do a 1 1/2 to splits, or Bucky do his to a pike, seeing the stangind whip doubles (5) or the year Lil B did his crazy pass at NCA with the 2 other standing doubles. People remember those routines, yes its hard, but in time some girl will accomplish it.

Obviously be safe but I love the moments that leave you star struck!

We all understand theres risks but isn't that whats made this sport what it is? No one really remembers the safe boring routines. Part of the reason I love Top Gun, among being the first all star team i watch, seeing Santwon do a 1 1/2 to splits, or Bucky do his to a pike, seeing the stangind whip doubles (5) or the year Lil B did his crazy pass at NCA with the 2 other standing doubles. People remember those routines, yes its hard, but in time some girl will accomplish it.

Obviously be safe but I love the moments that leave you star struck!
very true! the other thing is I doubt stingrays would let her do it if is wasn't safe... if its safe (as far as injuries) to do it in practice, i'm sure she would be fine in a competition, whether she landed it or not.

Why not just throw it a regional or national to say "I threw it" but the risk vs reward at Worlds is def not worth doing it.

It's not about any one person in particular, but just the concept of the standing double in general. It's cool to do and the people who can rock, but you'd be hard pressed to find a situation in which ANY good coach would risk it besides some local or regional comp, especially when a bid or worlds itself is on the line UNLESS it was SUPER perfect and your previous scores and hitting with your next competitor were neck-and-neck. 'Not breaking your body' and 'good execution' are two TOTALLY different things. .01 is VERY rarely worth the hit to execution and a possible tumbling bust..

Back