Small Team Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 13, 2016
Hi all!

We are planning on taking a squad of 10 to competition this year- maybe 12 if our skill level is there but we doubt it. What are some pyramid ideas for 10 people? (skill level is one legs, extensions, decent transitions & inversions).

Stuck since we can't do braced flips/inversions but we still want something creative and visual!

Thanks for the input!

Omg hi Kolleen! Miss you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The life of a #gbgrad is exciting, a little scary but also exciting lol

ETA: this didn't quote right from my phone :/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a group of 8 girls one year and managed to do a nice pyramid with a shoulder sit in the middle and two 2-man libs on the sides (braced in the middle).
We haven't had a competition team of more than 12 for 5+ years now, I usually look for inspiration on youtube by looking for "small varsity" competition videos. Otherwise we end up doing a lot of side by side transitions/pyramids (like a half connected to a switch lib/stretch)

The braced roll is now legal this year and does not require the 12 person flipping rule
Here is a small clip of it, what the side groups are doing. The top of the flipping groups are connect on one side to the bracer in the center and the connect hands with their backspot, similar to the baha flip.

Obviously this is a 12 person pyramid but your team could easily incorporate it into a pyramid with 10 using just one flipping group.

The braced roll is now legal this year and does not require the 12 person flipping rule
Here is a small clip of it, what the side groups are doing. The top of the flipping groups are connect on one side to the bracer in the center and the connect hands with their backspot, similar to the baha flip.

Obviously this is a 12 person pyramid but your team could easily incorporate it into a pyramid with 10 using just one flipping group.

What would have made this illegal last year?

Awesome thank you guys so much!! I'll have to post a video when we clean it all up :)

Back