All-Star Smaller Bases. Bigger Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

honestly, my sisters flyer is tall and she has beautiful body positions and can hold her own weight! i love tall flyers, it shows people that if you can hold your weight and pull beautiful body positions that almost anyone can fly!

I think as long as the flyer can hold their own weight and keep their balance, then it shouldnt matter. I do hate it when smaller girls think that they can be looser and not try as hard just because they are smaller and think the bases can hold her up there no matter what. I'm not trying to hate on short flyers, but it gets annoying, especially for the bases and not all smaller flyers are like that, just some. Also I don't like it when coaches just pick the 4 shortest girls on their team and have them fly. Even if they aren't flexible And don't have cOntrol in the air. I like it when teams have flyers of different sizes, and give all Of the girls a chance to fly even if they are tall.

I'm quite skinny and am constantly told I should fly because I'm short and pretty flexible.

But tbh, I'm a base, have always been a base and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm more than happy to put up someone taller than me! I wouldn't want to be a flyer just because I'm 5"2, when a girl who's 5"6 could do a better job and be prettier.

May the best flyer fly!!!

I'm quite skinny and am constantly told I should fly because I'm short and pretty flexible.

But tbh, I'm a base, have always been a base and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm more than happy to put up someone taller than me! I wouldn't want to be a flyer just because I'm 5"2, when a girl who's 5"6 could do a better job and be prettier.

May the best flyer fly!!!

tht is how i feel but im 4'11 and i hate to fly idk why i just would love to base

my friend is 4'11, and she bases my other friend who is about 5'5. most of the flyers on my team aren't necessarily tall, my team is just on the shorter side :p so that being said, a good portion are taller then our bases, but it's no problem!

I've had a base thats my size & she is really strong...I'll admit I'm not a good flyer and sometimes forget to hold my own weight, but she based me and said i was actually light. Sometimes shorter people are stronger bases!

I'm Junior age and on my Senior team my bases are about the same height as me and my backspot is not that much taller than me. :p

My daughter is on a junior team and has been basing. She is always one of the shorter girls on the team even those younger than her are taller (until she grew like 5" this past summer). She has based for girls twice her size in weight and a good foot taller than her. I personally do not think that size has anything to do with if one can base or fly.......... SKILLS make all the difference in the world. And confidence, ;). If one has the skills to be a killer flyer or a beast of a base........then that is where they are best suited.

Saying that........ after this weekend there is one thing that again I must say I just don't care for. That is seeing a team that has added a male to their team to be on the coed but he does not even do anything but help base. No stunts, no tumbling not even dancing. Same feelings I have about seeing the little bitty barely 50 lbs dripping wet flyers on higher level teams that are only their to be the lightweight flyer but do not do any other stunts, tumbling or even the dance. I guess when I see every male and flyer on a team at the back of the mat for a good portion of the performance it is a little distracting to me. I guess I feel that if an athlete is on a level 4 team they should be capable of at least doing the dance part of it and something other than just being hoisted in the air or holding someone up for 5 seconds. Okay..... off my soapbox

^^^^ I do not mean to insult anyone at all or such. Just my personal feelings of what it looks like from the stands when watching as a spectator.

I've had a base thats my size & she is really strong...I'll admit I'm not a good flyer and sometimes forget to hold my own weight, but she based me and said i was actually light. Sometimes shorter people are stronger bases!

My cp's short for her age and would love to fly, but her coaches have her base because she's one of the stronger kids on the team.

I LOVE TALL FLYERS. they look gorgeous in the air! If i were a judge, mile long legs would score points in my book :) even though thats no reason to give points haha... thats why im not a judge!

Oh dear I would definitely make my team loose, my legs take up about 1/8th of my body haha.

Back