All-Star Smaller Bases. Bigger Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's flyer is taller than her two bases and she is also our point flyer. She looks beautiful in the air and her lines are gorgeous. Their stunt group is also the most consistent on their team. I never have to worry about them in a competition.

We have smaller flyers in our gym that my daughter says are way harder to base because they are not as tight as her flyer. I think that if they can do it, then taller bases actually look better than tiny girls.

But what about those flyers with short short legs who are also tight, do we look ugly in the air ;-)

im 5'6 and i fly but i sometimes rotate around (i can base/back as well) however another girl on my team is a little taller and she alwayyys flies- everyone love basing her because she is tight and holds her self but there is another girl on my team who is maybe 5 feet, less then 90lbs and super flexible but she never holds her self so its so much harder to base her. to me height doesnt matter at all!

If the stunt stays up, there should be absolutely no concern about the height of the girls in the group! I'm the tallest one in my group aside from my backspot (I mean I'm not tall- I'm 5'3.. but still taller than most bases on the team) and there's been no question as to whether I should fly

And personally, I love seeing a tall flyer with long legs cause it looks gorgeous in the air :)

I'm a flyer and for a flyer I'm veryyy tall (5' 6) and I was about the same height as my main base (she was about an inch shorter than me) and my backspot was about 2 inches taller than me. On our senior 5 team (I was on level 4), most of the flyers are tall. The point flyer is about 5'7, another flyer is about 5'7/5'8, then another is about 5'3/5'4, and then the other two are both small flyers (5'3 and under). Personally I think that tall flyers are the prettiest, but I'm just biased(;

I personally enjoy watching flyers who don't stick out. ex. very small flyers who look as if they belong on a yth team with a sr. team. I know they are easier to keep up if they happen to bobble, I just think if a larger girl can hit it and look fab. give it too her.;)

I'm 5'2 and I fly in our main stunts but in a part of our pyramids I base a left hitch double down and the flyer's a couple way taller than me... It doesn't matter who's in the air... as long as they can hold their weight/flexible then I'll watch! :)

Back