All-Star Smoed Ep. 12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But Eddie doesn't coach Cali Coed or Black Ops. He probably replaced the girl who was injured with Kassidy because she had been on SMOED before. And I don't think she just decided to come back and he replaced her. To me, it seems like Tylen was injured and Kassidy came back to replace her. I don't blame Eddie at all, he seems like he's just doing what he thinks is best for his team.
Watch it again. She said she didn't initially know who he was replacing, but someone would have to be moved down. Sounds to me like she was allowed back before the injury, or they had her lie on camera.

Well kassidy was still competing in Anaheim after watching the video Gabi posted today from Day 1. She stood in the back in one of the jump sequences too. I loves the pyramid changes they showed this weekend

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's not they way they showed it in the episode. Cassidy initially said she didn't know whose spot she was taking and that someone was going to have to get moved down and she felt bad for whoever it was going to be. Later, they talked about the injury and the injured girl said that she was going to condition with the team so that she would be able to jump back in easily when she was cleared. Even if it happened the way you said, there are MANY girls in that gym they could ave used who DIDN'T bail on this team when they didn't want to put in the practice time.
If the coaching staff thought she was the best available option, who are any of us to judge? I know what was said in the episode, but what I'm saying is editing plays a huge role. I could swear I heard the injury ended the girl's season....I'll have to look for it.

To clear things up there was an unexpected Injury so no one got "taken off" the team I was going to be an alternate and someone ended up getting hurt.
Simmer down kids. We had an injury mid season, one of our bases was in a cast (torn ligaments). Kass came back to help us finish the season.
Seems like they just made it seem like she took someones spot for the show.
And even if she "earned the spot" they can't really do anything except replace her. She shouldn't be competing on an injury, it's not only dangerous for her but if she's stunting on one leg it's dangerous for the flyer.

If the coaching staff thought she was the best available option, who are any of us to judge? I know what was said in the episode, but what I'm saying is editing plays a huge role. I could swear I heard the injury ended the girl's season....I'll have to look for it.
That's just it, I don't think it's right to set ethics aside just because she is a good athlete. I think it is just wrong across the board to allow a kid to bail on a team and come back, no matter who they are and how good they are. What does it teach the kids these coaches have such influence over? It's ok to bail on your team if you are good enough? Winning is more important than hard work, dedication, and commitment ?

That's just it, I don't think it's right to set ethics aside just because she is a good athlete. I think it is just wrong across the board to allow a kid to bail on a team and come back, no matter who they are and how good they are. What does it teach the kids these coaches have such influence over? It's ok to bail on your team if you are good enough? Winning is more important than hard work, dedication, and commitment ?
But how do we know she bailed on the team? Yes, she stated she quit...but when did she quit? If she decided to come back, and was going to be an alternate...is it her fault someone got hurt? I'll stand behind the coaches. They'll do what's best for the team.

Without knowing the situation, it looks like Kassidy was going to get a spot whether Tylen was injured or not, but Tylen's injury conveniently fell around the time Kassidy was going to come back (do not start a conspiracy theory around this, I'm not being sarcastic here). It looks like SOMEONE's spot was going to be given to Kassidy, Tylen just happened to be the unlucky one. Again this is all going based off how it's portrayed in the episode. I think if Tylen's injury occurred and THEN Kassidy was brought on, I could understand, but the way they're talking, it seems like Tylen's injury just came at a convenient time for Kassidy, it doesn't seem like Kassidy came at a convenient time to help the team who were now down a member.

Seems like they just made it seem like she took someones spot for the show.
And even if she "earned the spot" they can't really do anything except replace her. She shouldn't be competing on an injury, it's not only dangerous for her but if she's stunting on one leg it's dangerous for the flyer.
You are correct that she had to be replaced, my problem is with the fact that they chose to allow a kid who bailed when the going got tough to come back in and do that.

You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes... She realized she shouldn't have quit and wanted to come back. She was going to be an alternate, since she left, but because of Tylen's injury she ended up on the team. It's not like they just said "oh, you're back, here you can be on the team and this perfectly healthy, talented athlete is kicked off" they needed a replacement so they put in the alternate. If Cali wants to let her back in why is it anyone's place to judge?

But how do we know she bailed on the team? Yes, she stated she quit...but when did she quit? If she decided to come back, and was going to be an alternate...is it her fault someone got hurt? I'll stand behind the coaches. They'll do what's best for the team.
She SAID she left gem because she didn't want to miss fun stuff at school, and does it really matter when she quit, bottom line is tat she chose to do so. She also said she KNEW she was taking someone's spot but didn't know who was getting demoted for her to cheer. so that doesn't sound to me like she came back as an alternate. I don't see how they could have edited that out of context unless they outright told her to lie. It seems pretty clear to me that she came back with the intent that someone be moved off the team for her.

You have to remember that everyone makes mistakes... She realized she shouldn't have quit and wanted to come back. She was going to be an alternate, since she left, but because of Tylen's injury she ended up on the team. It's not like they just said "oh, you're back, here you can be on the team and this perfectly healthy, talented athlete is kicked off" they needed a replacement so they put in the alternate. If Cali wants to let her back in why is it anyone's place to judge?
But that's NOT what was said on film, so which one is the lie? If they want to let her back in, then that is certainly their right, but I would definitely not want my kid on a team where the message is that quitting is acceptable if we need you. Mistakes have consequences, or at least they should. I don't think it sends the right message to allow her to quit and return.

Watch it again. She said she didn't initially know who he was replacing, but someone would have to be moved down. Sounds to me like she was allowed back before the injury, or they had her lie on camera.
The episodes don't show everything. Eddie's posted, I think it was in the thread where it was introducing Kassidy's return, that she was there to replace someone who was injured. Maybe she attempted to come back, Tylen was injured, and then she was moved back onto SMOED? Either way, Tylen is injured and while I truly feel sorry for her, if I was the coach I would replace her with a healthy athlete. It just seems logical to me.

also maybe its just at my gym but if theres an alternate for an injured athlete, its just until the injured athlete is able to preform again which i think is fair. based on what eddie said about "when she comes back" it isnt necessarily season ending

The episodes don't show everything. Eddie's posted, I think it was in the thread where it was introducing Kassidy's return, that she was there to replace someone who was injured. Maybe she attempted to come back, Tylen was injured, and then she was moved back onto SMOED? Either way, Tylen is injured and while I truly feel sorry for her, if I was the coach I would replace her with a healthy athlete. It just seems logical to me.
So who isn't telling the truth, because that directly contradicts what Cassidy said on camera?

also maybe its just at my gym but if theres an alternate for an injured athlete, its just until the injured athlete is able to preform again which i think is fair. based on what eddie said about "when she comes back" it isnt necessarily season ending
This is also the policy at our gym, but Eddie said he would have to out do someone to earn a spot when she was healthy.

Back