All-Star Smoed Ep. 12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So who isn't telling the truth, because that directly contradicts what Cassidy said on camera?
I couldn't tell you! I'm not on the team nor do I know anybody on it. I'm just speculating, but maybe Kassidy was never guaranteed a spot back in the first place? Either way, I don't have an answer, but to me it seems like Kassidy was only placed back on the team because Tylen was injured. It could be different, but that's just kind of the way I see it.

all i have to say about this is: if you have a problem with whats displayed ask the source and dont freak out at the people trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. and if you dont like it i guess that means you/your cp shouldnt try out for smoed and you should be glad your program is apparently so much better then cali's .

if you have any questions im sure the cali kids and coaches would be happy to answer them for you until then theres no point in getting so riled up.

I couldn't tell you! I'm not on the team nor do I know anybody on it. I'm just speculating, but maybe Kassidy was never guaranteed a spot back in the first place? Either way, I don't have an answer, but to me it seems like Kassidy was only placed back on the team because Tylen was injured. It could be different, but that's just kind of the way I see it.
It is great to give her benefit of the doubt, but I find it really hard to do when she directly said someone was getting kicked off for her. To me that either says:
1. She lied on camera.
Or
2. She knew she had a spot and that someone would be losing theirs for her.

Neither is acceptable to me, but I think the second is more likely. They are bringing her back even before the injury and it was just a coincidence that someone got hurt and they didn't have to kick anyone off. Why would she lie when she knew it was being filmed?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

all i have to say about this is: if you have a problem with whats displayed ask the source and dont freak out at the people trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. and if you dont like it i guess that means you/your cp shouldnt try out for smoed and you should be glad your program is apparently so much better then cali's .

if you have any questions im sure the cali kids and coaches would be happy to answer them for you until then theres no point in getting so riled up.
Not really riled up at all, just think it wasn't the right call to let a kid who quit back on the team, and don't like the idea that someone here is being less than truthful about how that came about. Not my program, and never will be as we are across the country so it isn't vital to me, just commenting that I don't feel it's ethical. Also, not "freaking out" at anyone. I haven't been ugly, and am just discussing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I never said my program was better than Cali. They aren't, but I do think they made the better decision on how they ankle this particular issue.

didnt kassidy get replaced anyways, i thought this was brought up when the preview for this episode first aired, and someone showed all of us a pic from a recent comp that she wasnt on the team any longer or something. so why does it matter

Personally I think it was just a lame topic for an episode, that could have been covered in a few sentences, like Roberts breakdown (even though I like him) I feel like they are really scraping the barrel...

didnt kassidy get replaced anyways, i thought this was brought up when the preview for this episode first aired, and someone showed all of us a pic from a recent comp that she wasnt on the team any longer or something. so why does it matter

from watching a video from their comp today it looks like she competed

But that's NOT what was said on film, so which one is the lie? If they want to let her back in, then that is certainly their right, but I would definitely not want my kid on a team where the message is that quitting is acceptable if we need you. Mistakes have consequences, or at least they should. I don't think it sends the right message to allow her to quit and return.

She wanted to come back, they let her back, she took tylen's spot. i dont get whats so hard about that

Personally I think it was just a lame topic for an episode, that could have been covered in a few sentences, like Roberts breakdown (even though I like him) I feel like they are really scraping the barrel...

Smoed's not a dramatic team. So yes, just like the breakdown, they're going to use anything possible to elaborate on to switch up the episodes a little bit. I'm sure we wouldn't wanna see us dying every single week now would we!? :p

Smoed's not a dramatic team. So yes, just like the breakdown, they're going to use anything possible to elaborate on to switch up the episodes a little bit. I'm sure we wouldn't wanna see us dying every single week now would we!? :p
Hahaha :D, Look I get it and if thats really the case then maybe they should have limited the amount of episodes. I mean look at Cheer, I think its a great show and thats only a 6 episode season may not be a web series but still. Look don't get me wrong its certainly better than SDOAC, and I enjoy it now but if its gonna keep going down this road I'm not going to be interested in watching it anymore.

Does this mean there won't be an ESP on smoed at majors? And also I find it hard to believe the current world champions wouldn't have an alternative on standby incase of injury instead of bringing back a member who quit! If kass didnt say the who's place will I take thing I'm sure everything would have looked legit!

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but even if they did bring Kassidy back to take someone's place on SMOED, I don't really see the issue. Everyone always seems to say that cheer prepares you very well for the "grown up" world etc., which is by no means fair. If someone in middle management for example quits their job for whatever reason, then decide to come back, you can bet that they'll be put in the best place for the company, not somewhere further down the ladder/part time just because they left. Similarly in a pro sports team, if someone takes a break from the sport, then comes back, they will be placed in the appropriate spot on any teams, determined by their skill, nothing to do with how or why they left.

Back