All-Star #smoedisback Atv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only thing I will stand up for as far as them recruiting from other gyms is the fact that they have what? One level 4 team to pull from at that location.... Could they pull from the other cali programs, yes. But to my knowledge the other programs are spaced out pretty well, and I don't know how they could convince a kid from another cali gym that has a larger level 5 cali team to be part of, to make a commitment of driving out to the smoed gym instead of going to the one that might be right in their back yard.
I mean I know both Cali coed and lady bullets practice out of the same gym, that's a lot better chance of being and staying on the team then driving all the way out to smoed and possibly being kicked off, etc.
Do I still side eye the fact that they seem to enjoy pulling already trained kids from other programs, yes I do and I'm sorry but it's just odd.
I feel like that's where maybe you should be focusing a lot more on getting your level 4 athletes trained to the point where they can move up into those level 5 spots, after say two or three years of being a level 4 athlete. But I really have no clue how Cali handles the lower levels, it's just what makes the most sense to me.
I'm pretty sure snipers are from that location as well. so they have a level 4, as well as R5 to pull from (which would be a natural progression)

If I had the time, training, dedication, and patience (lol) as Eddy does it could be possible. I was trying to say just because someone watches the doesn't necessarily mean they support the tactics, practices or methods used . SMOED is by far the fan favorite of the Cali teams. I mentioned nothing about their other locations. I'll side eye whenever I deem it's necessary.

Taking a page from a prior thread; people may be amazed at the amount of time people take to click, read an entire chapter/story on fanfiction, just to sit on twitter for hours to tear it apart. The success of 50 Shades; for example, has thousands reading it just because they wanted to write badly about it. Rebecca Black's Friday has 82 million views and should be illegal to play in public.

Click a link in today's world is easy; almost too easy, it's why things go viral seemingly overnight---because it takes literally no effort to do.

Does this mean I'm going to get attacked by getworsum now?

Welcome to the official club! We have wine, cookies, and watermelon cake!

I believe black ops are from Livermore

Have they always been out of Livermore? I swore the year Kyle came back he went to Black Ops because SMOED didn't have a spot for him until they did---I could be totally screwing that up.

And in other unrelated news---when did Black Ops go to Medium Coed? Shows how much I paid attention to that team.

Have they always been out of Livermore? I swore the year Kyle came back he went to Black Ops because SMOED didn't have a spot for him until they did---I could be totally screwing that up.

And in other unrelated news---when did Black Ops go to Medium Coed? Shows how much I paid attention to that team.
I THINK (don't quote me) Kyle went to large coed which is in San Marcos. and to my knowledge they've always been medium coed. are you mixing up large coed and black ops? black ops won worlds in medium coed in 2013!

I THINK (don't quote me) Kyle went to large coed which is in San Marcos. and to my knowledge they've always been medium coed. are you mixing up large coed and black ops? black ops won worlds in medium coed in 2013!

Yeah, I think I am! That would explain my confusion!

I believe black ops are from Livermore

You're correct. And Livermore is up in Northern California. We are in Southern.

I will say - again - that I do NOT speak for E and O or the gym and what I say is my own view, but Ventura does pull kids up through the ranks, progress them, train them. The athletes who have the level appropriate skills get put on those teams. Do we have four boys who have been brought up through the program to be on Smoed? I don't think we do. I could be wrong so don't quote me.

As for our 1-5r teams, yes, they are good. They win and lose, like everyone else. But they always put a strong, solid routine on the floor. I credit E and O with that. They are the guiding force for each team. Eddie coaches my daughter's team and I see him put as much effort into coaching their level 2 stunts, dance, jumps, etc., as he does Smoed. Yes, Smoed get more of his time but when he's at our practice, he's out there working with the girls, teaching, training, conditioning.

*The German language sounds terrifying.

Are you really one of the strongest programs when an overwhelming majority of your premier athletes technically aren't from your gym and received most of their training elsewhere? Also views don't really mean anything positive, everyone will stare at the car wreck on the side of the road as they ride by.

Aw now I'm sad thinking about how we scare everyone when talking haha

If I had the time, training, dedication, and patience (lol) as Eddy does it could be possible. I was trying to say just because someone watches the doesn't necessarily mean they support the tactics, practices or methods used . SMOED is by far the fan favorite of the Cali teams. I mentioned nothing about their other locations. I'll side eye whenever I deem it's necessary.

Well actually you said program, which usually means all locations. Wow you considered my questions to you an attack? I thought i was much kinder to you than you were to smoed and the cali program. Funny how sl and am chimes in, i thought you were only on during practice and late nights? haha yall are good entertainment i wish i could stop by more. OH real quick do you all side eye Top Gun as well as smoed? as they have flown in athletes for years

Well actually you said program, which usually means all locations. Wow you considered my questions to you an attack? I thought i was much kinder to you than you were to smoed and the cali program. Funny how sl and am chimes in, i thought you were only on during practice and late nights? haha yall are good entertainment i wish i could stop by more. OH real quick do you all side eye Top Gun as well as smoed? as they have flown in athletes for years
do you have children at California allstars? Just curious.

In regards to Top Gun versus Smoed/CALI. There is no comparison. Top Gun doesn't pimp out their program or their cheerleaders. They are classy and respectful on social media - and if one of their athletes isn't they find themselves off the roster. Top Gun doesn't advertise midseason for "one female base" (just using the most recent tweet as a reference but it happens all the time). Top Gun doesn't flip out at people walking by them at competitions (to find a quiet spot to make a business call) screaming at them to leave them alone. People go to Top Gun for many reasons other than publicity from a web series and chance to win Worlds and they don't have to recruit to get those athletes -the athletes come to them.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

In regards to Top Gun versus Smoed/CALI. There is no comparison. Top Gun doesn't pimp out their program or their cheerleaders. They are classy and respectful on social media - and if one of their athletes isn't they find themselves off the roster. Top Gun doesn't advertise midseason for "one female base" (just using the most recent tweet as a reference but it happens all the time). Top Gun doesn't flip out at people walking by them at competitions (to find a quiet spot to make a business call) screaming at them to leave them alone. People go to Top Gun for many reasons other than publicity from a web series and chance to win Worlds and they don't have to recruit to get those athletes -the athletes come to them.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
endless shimmies. I was literally about to reply "ya but TG has class." but you said it way more respectfully than I would have..

I did not bash SMOED or California . I stated my opinion. You don't have to agree nor like my opinion. I didn't consider your questions an attack mostly because I wasn't referring to you. Top Gun doesn't constantly boast they are the best team in the country, they could though.

“The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.”
Criss Jami

It's no longer summer in my house (Non-CP started Kindergarten this morning, CP went back last week); that means school is happening during the day for me (woo hoo)...I'm currently in the middle of a paper on healthcare and how socioeconomic diversity affects their care. Trust me, FB is just more fun than that.

Although, I mean if you'd like me to write you an itinerary of my day, I supposed I could do that, but I don't even give my husband one of those. However, you can expect to see me on more around now---and less at night...not that you should care or follow me around enough to notice. That is kinda creepy.

As for whether or not TG gets side eyed? I'm sure they do and they have been brought up in threads before. But the difference between TG and SMOED is something called a Reality YT Show. TG, and most other well known gyms for that matter, don't allow cameras into their doors. And for those who have; Jersey is all homegrown (to my understanding) and GymTyme doesn't count since it's international and most of those are there for college anyway...so yup, the poster child of cross country/cross-state cheer traveling is none other than SMOED! Hate to burst your bubble, but your comparison doesn't hold weight.

You should pop up more; you always provide me with such entertainment.

Latest posts

Back